• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Can't get my Casters to Melee (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,660¢
Hi guys

I am really pulling my hair out with this one. I have a really low level (lvl 19) team that I am playing with and trying to get the hang of multi boxing. I want to let my casters join in on the melee fun while they are still low level and get some weapon skill ups. So I have a macro setup for "All Melee" and it just assists my Main char and everyone /attack. I have also tried /keypress 1, which is the default Melee key. My casters will will all do the "stick" to the targeted mob but do NOT start their attack. they just stand there looking dumb. I have tried MQ2Melee on and off and neither work. The casters will cast just fine off my Nuke macros, and heal too. And my Bard melee's just fine. So the War and Bard will melee no problem and the 3 casters won't engage.

I know I must be doing something basically wrong. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

INI:
/melee melee=1
/melee save
Chances are a simple /melee off won't work because melee has likely already done an /assist off. They'll probably run up and stick and look stupid without doing anything. Least that's what happened to me when I made a new group on Ragefire. The above worked though, and other useful things like my downshits and holyshits for self protection on enchanter and such worked as I leveled into them.

Last edited:
Question - Can't get my Casters to Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back