• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest Can you find the dev's toon ???? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
60¢
I will be starting a new monthly contest beginning Monday, February 9th 2015.

It is called: Can you find the dev's toon???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does it work/how do I play-win???
Once a month, for the duration of the contest (5 days), I will logon a character I use for "my eq test" functions for minor in-game testing.

He can be on ANY server at ANY time during the duration of the contest.
The character exists on ALL servers (live standard/live progression.. NOT TEST SERVER), with the same name.
Clue: This character is a level 2, male, Dark Elf magician.
He will NOT be ANON or ROLEPLAY, not a member of a guild, and will be in an appropriate level newb zone.
He will NOT be in any starting home city, Plane of Knowledge, Guild Lobby.

The toon will be somewhere that you can easily get to in the the zone by normal means, but that does not mean he will be in plain sight.

To win, simply HAIL the toon... and send him a tell containing the words "Lizardboy has a thick skull as well as scaly skin".

The first person to correctly 1)find me, 2)hail me, 3)send a tell with the required phrase.. is the monthly winner.
Contest will be closed until the following month at that point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are the prizes?
There is only ONE grand prize at this time:

2 (TWO) Month of Redguides Level 2 access for you or a friend. Enjoy MQ2 compiles, the internet's largest collection of macros, private strategies, and a great community.

AND . . . . . .
Redbot said:
This is as crazy as it is funny. Count me in - I'll add 3 krono to the pot, mostly because I doubt anyone will win :)
I love this, it's hilarious. I'll add a few Krono to the pot - THG check your parcels

I will purchase one month full level 2 access for the account of your choosing using my own red cents.
The krono will be awarded via in game parcel to whatever toon on whatever server the winner chooses in their PM to me.
How often will the contest be held?
It will be held once a month, for a duration of 5 days max, or until someone wins.. whichever comes first.
How do I claim my prize?
Send me a PM on this site with the information below:

Server you found me on.
Date and Time you found me.
Name of the toon you contacted me with.
RedGuides account name you want to receive the prize on.

(If you are concerned with security, then I suggest you roll a throw away baby newb toon and use it to find/contact me).
(If you are REALLY concerned with security, create a new free to play SOE account, roll a newb tooon on that.. and contact me).

As long as the information you supply to me in a PM matches the information in my logs on the toon.. you win.

From month to month I will change the name of the testing toon, so it will NOT be the same toon name every month... but it WILL be the same NEW name on every live server.

And now for the boring rules . . .

Contest rules:
1) You may only win this contest once every 90 days.
So if you win this month, you are not eligable to win again for another 2 months after.

2) You may choose any registered account with RedGuides as the recipient of the grand prize.

Last edited:
How will the toon respond? For instance, let's assume I did find a person matching that description and I sent them the tell after hailing.. and he didn't respond.. would I then send you an email and hope it was you? or will you be using a trigger that responds with some other quaint phrase about lizardboy?

How will the toon respond? For instance, let's assume I did find a person matching that description and I sent them the tell after hailing.. and he didn't respond.. would I then send you an email and hope it was you? or will you be using a trigger that responds with some other quaint phrase about lizardboy?

The toon will do nothing at all.

I'm not leaving anything running on the toon at all MQ2 wise.
Just checking his eqlog file at the end of the day.

One hail and response with the phrase via tell will suffice. The log file will record everything.

Or perhaps I will make it do something interactive . . . if I do ... it will be more than obvious you got the right toon.

If for any reason you feel you need to confirm if you won before i get around to announcing / posting that night.. you may feel free to PM me with your query.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he explodes.

I only do that when you go changing code without informing/notifying me bossman~ ... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Contest is live ......

Last edited:
You don't have to find him on every server.... at least that's the way I understood it just that the toon will be named the same

You don't have to find him on every server.... at least that's the way I understood it just that the toon will be named the same

Correct .... you only have to find me once... what server I am on is part of the guessing game.... but a toon with the same name.. that matches the description I supplied.. exists on all servers..

I'm rotating what server he is on every 6 hours... but the zone he will be in and the location within that zone will be the same from server to server as well.

- - - Updated - - -

--- UPDATE ---

After much consideration, I have made the toon interactive.
There should be NO doubt you have the right toon when you hail me and say the phrase.

Also ... I am upgrading the prize to TWO months free level 2 access.

- - - Updated - - -

[2015/02/09 09:37:21] eqlog is now on.
[2015/02/09 09:37:21] MQ2Log :: Logging is ON
[2015/02/09 09:37:21] [MQ2] Starting *** Contest v1.2 ***
[2015/02/09 09:37:21] [MQ2] Server-(XXXXX) Zone-(XXXXXXXXXXXX)
[2015/02/09 09:37:21] [MQ2] Date-(02/09/2015) Time-(09:37:21) - GameTime-(04:29:00)

Last edited:
Would have been kewler if he exploded.

Why you always gotta rain on my parade bossman ? .. you keepin' me down ! ... lol

- - - Updated - - -

[2015/02/10 04:13:02] MQ2Log :: Logging is ON
[2015/02/10 04:13:02] [MQ2] Starting *** Contest v1.2 ***
[2015/02/10 04:13:02] [MQ2] Server-(XXXXXXXXX) Zone-(XXXXXXXXXXXX)
[2015/02/10 04:13:02] [MQ2] Date-(02/10/2015) Time-(04:13:02) - GameTime-(09:19:00)

I like Maskoi idea though, upon hail he does a /suicide :P Come on THD make him dance or something at least haha

You don't know what he does . . . since you didn't find him.. lol
Maybe he'll surprise you when the compile is back up. (looks at the ceiling tiles while whistling)

Needle.... meet Haystack! You are going to be so happy together. lol.

So some DE toon, on some random 1 out of 17ish servers, in some zone that is newb(10 or so plus) but not a starter city zone, in some place in that zone, a level 2 magician which we can't see level or class because Anon, that may self destruct if we choose to accept this mission? Hell ya I like insane odds!

Is he still online THD or offline until recompile?

I love this, it's hilarious. I'll add a few Krono to the pot - THG check your parcels :)

Redbot said:
This is as crazy as it is funny. Count me in - I'll add 3 krono to the pot, mostly because I doubt anyone will win :)
I love this, it's hilarious. I'll add a few Krono to the pot - THG check your parcels

You heard him folks .... the grand prize has been UPGRADED to both 2 free months level 2 RedGuides subscription and now 3 shiny krono!!!

No guarantee the krono portion will be part of the grand prize every month for this contest, but for this initial one.. it definitely is.

Contest is temporarily in limbo until the new compile is available.... but it is ON like DONKEY KONG !

And RedBot ... you should know I do nothing but play Diablo III on patch days.... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Needle.... meet Haystack! You are going to be so happy together. lol.

So some DE toon, on some random 1 out of 17ish servers, in some zone that is newb(10 or so plus) but not a starter city zone, in some place in that zone, a level 2 magician which we can't see level or class because Anon, that may self destruct if we choose to accept this mission? Hell ya I like insane odds!

Is he still online THD or offline until recompile?

I will make him NON ANON.. NON ROLE PLAY ... that give you a warm and fuzzy feeling yet ???? LOL

And while he will NOT be in a starting home city .... he can certainly be in the newb zone adjacent.
I said he is level 2.. and will be in an appropriate level newb zone.

So If he is level 2... then a level "(10 or so plus)" zone is not appropriate.

For those of you who are observant ..... and pay close attention .... you might have clued in to the HUGE but subtle clue I snuck into the starting thread.... which will make this 65% easier if you picked up on it... now that he will not be anon or role.

- - - Updated - - -

Compile up ... and so is the toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok,

Going to increase the chances of winning a tad more . . .
Now that the toon is no longer ANON or ROLE ... I am also going to have him up on 2 servers at the same time instead of just one.

I have created a new account, and created this toon on the new account (immediately as i delete it off the old account) for half of the servers.
So at this point one account has this toon made on 1/2 the servers.. and the new account has him on the remaining servers.
Allowing me to have him up on two seperate servers at the same time.

I have also altered my contest script to immediately send a shutdown and camp command to any other logged in versions of him on other servers.
This will make sure that if someone wins on server A .. that the toon on server B stops his contest script and camps to desktop so no one else wins.

I'm doing everything I can to make this easier without being candyland.

- - - Updated - - -

And we have a winner !!!!!!!!

Rich (BB code):
[2015/02/11 22:51:56] [MQ2] Starting *** Contest v1.2 ***
[2015/02/11 22:51:56] [MQ2] Server:(bristle) Zone:(The Mines of Gloomingdeep)
[2015/02/11 22:51:56] [MQ2] Date:(02/11/2015) Time:(22:51:56) - GameTime:(10:07:00)
[2015/02/12 11:40:19] [MQ2] Winning Phrase Received from (XXXXXXXXXX) - Date:(02/12/2015) Time:(11:40:19) !
[2015/02/12 11:40:22] [MQ2] Response was ("Lizardboy has a thick skull as well as scaly skin")
[2015/02/12 11:41:11] [MQ2] Performing contest win script and then shutting down.

Awaiting the winner to contact me via PM here to claim his/her krono in game and let me know which redguides account gets 2 months subscription.

--- Update ---
Winner contacted in game, Krono transferred to winner, 2 months subscription awarded.

Last edited:
For those of you who are observant ..... and pay close attention .... you might have clued in to the HUGE but subtle clue I snuck into the starting thread.... which will make this 65% easier if you picked up on it... now that he will not be anon or role.

Once a month, for the duration of the contest (5 days), I will logon a character I use for "my eq test" functions for minor in-game testing.

All I can say is God dammit lol.

Epic Facepalm...
thats_a_huge_facepalm-191803.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And we have a winner !!!!!!!!

Rich (BB code):
[2015/02/11 22:51:56] [MQ2] Starting *** Contest v1.2 ***
[2015/02/11 22:51:56] [MQ2] Server:(bristle) Zone:(The Mines of Gloomingdeep)
[2015/02/11 22:51:56] [MQ2] Date:(02/11/2015) Time:(22:51:56) - GameTime:(10:07:00)
[2015/02/12 11:40:19] [MQ2] Winning Phrase Received from (XXXXXXXXXX) - Date:(02/12/2015) Time:(11:40:19) !
[2015/02/12 11:40:22] [MQ2] Response was ("Lizardboy has a thick skull as well as scaly skin")
[2015/02/12 11:41:11] [MQ2] Performing contest win script and then shutting down.

--- Update ---
Winner contacted in game, Krono transferred to winner, 2 months subscription awarded.

eqstrip.jpg

OMFG ... I am SOOOO totally stealing that picture !

eqstrip.jpg !!!

It's ok THD you can, since I stole it from Redguides first :)

On your Advert page near the sign up portion there is a section that says click here for evidence... :)

Advertisement for Redguides

Save money. Make plat using our strategies section, which has helped hundreds become financially successful in EQ (click for evidence.) Use your plat to buy Krono, and stop paying for subscriptions.

Contest Can you find the dev's toon ????
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back