• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Calling All Cars! (i need a favor) (1 Viewer)

isobelle

RedCents
51¢
make a new horde character on Scilla, and report the name Yasei to a GM.

Yes, it's my own character. it's a 32 Druid...

yaseinamechange.gif

as you can see, i have a thing for the isobelle name... having this one toon be named somthing different is driving me crazy.

Yasei is Japanese for 'feral'... make up somehting stupid and crazy. tell a GM it's vietnamese for when a man spreads mayonaisse on another man's thumb, and demands that he shove it in his anus. Give me Yasei! I already paid you the ten dollars!

tell them it's yiddish for the unwanted offspring between a sheep herder and his favorite sheep.

tell them it's russian for the drip you get after contracting an STD.

make it sexual, or something that 'they need to change'. i doubt i'll be banned, my friend just had a GM whisper him telling him he had to change the name of his toon to somehting other than 'bullshiet'... no suspension or whatever.

bonus points for being as off the wall as possible. the day i log in and find that druid's name to be yas1221344 i'll know you all love me.

thanks. be creative. highlight your GM ticket before you submit it, copy, and paste it here for bonus points... if i get enough responses i can make it an entry on the frontpage next week. :)

i should report you for rolling a female tauren...thats only one step above female dwarf. its just wrong.

well, ok maybe two or three steps.

Just tell them it is a Russian racial slur against black people and that being a black russian you are highly offended. They are more apt to change racist shit than sexual shit.

ok but only if you tell us the real meaning behind isobelle et al. and dont we have to roll a toon on scilla to report you? and wouldn't we then have to wait till we're not banned anymore? [why else would we be hangin here instead of playing :( ]

It isn't a big secret or anything. "Isobel" is the name of a bjork song that originally appeared on her albums Post and Telegram... it's about a woman that lives alone in the forest 'raising wonderful hell' etc. it has a chorus i used to dig on back in the day... 'my name isobel, married to myself'... etc etc

that spelling is always taken, so i began to take variations on it. i had my main for so long that once i began to roll alts, i couldn't imagine being called anything else on vent. my guild recently transferred to scilla from daggerspine, and half of the asshats decided to change their name during the xfer... same toon, but now Rorch is known as 'Riposte' or whatever... it confused the new recruits when we'd tell Rorch to watch his aggro or whatver, and there was no Rorch in the Raid (or guild even)... just seemed so silly to me to not have 'one name' in-game. plus now i'm like an internet superstar, so people give me free gold and gear when they see an iso roll into OGR :P

and the big mystery is solved!

I totally understand the name thing - most of my characters have a name that can be shortened to Cat (or Kat) - the exception being my warrior. Being referred to as Vy (for Vyrago, kudos if you can figure out what it means) when I'm on the warrior is just weird.

I totally understand the name thing - most of my characters have a name that can be shortened to Cat (or Kat) - the exception being my warrior. Being referred to as Vy (for Vyrago, kudos if you can figure out what it means) when I'm on the warrior is just weird.

Ahhh... the ancient Indian phrase loosely translated meaning... man who is made firm like oak... by pill like laxative

hmm..ok...im tired of reading this thread hoping that iso's damn name has been changed, but seeing no results...

...its time for a concerted effort.

iso, if you really want the name changed, i think your chances are better if you pick a reason (or get creative, think of a few, and put up a poll ^^) and ask that everyone log in to the server and /report with the same (or winning) bogus reason. id be happy to /report for duty then.

がんばろう!

even if i've already reported you once or twice (don't remember the reasons, twas late and complete intoxication was nigh...). I'll do it again, but its true it would be easier if we all complained for the same reason...

Calling All Cars! (i need a favor)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back