• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Burn Section No Longer Working for Me in KA11 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
455¢
Hello All,

I understand there have been some pretty major changes in KA11 and I like most of what I see, I haven't had too much trouble with it and like the way it handles Conditionals, etc. But I'm having problems with the Burn. Can someone with a working [Burn] section please post theirs so I can compare it with mine? For whatever reason, my Burn starts correctly but stops after Burn1. I first noticed that the rest of it wasn't firing when some key Abilities on my button-bars never triggered and thus didn't go on cool-down.

Anyway, I'd love some help if it was available. Thanks, Sam

Here's the burn section from my INI. There are probably errors leftover from previous versions, and also some from trying to get the new settings to work. Thanks for any help you're able to provide.

[Burn]
BurnSize=16
BurnAllNamed=1
BurnText=/Burn
BurnCOn=0
Burn1=Bite of Tashani|Mob
Burn2=Transfixing Stare|Mob
Burn3=Constraining Helix|Mob
Burn4=Companion's Intervening Divine Aura|Pet
Burn5=Focus of Arcanum|Me
Burn6=Illusions of Grandeur|Me
Burn7=Improved Twincast|Me
Burn8=Chromatic Haze|Me
Burn9=Silent Casting|Me
Burn10=Calculated Insanity|Me
Burn11=Forceful Rejuvenation|Me
Burn12=Glyph of Destruction II
Burn13=Transfixing Stare|Mob
Burn14=Dissident Reinforcement|Me
Burn15=Strangulate|Mob
Burn16=Mind Tempest|Mob
UseTribute=0

If it's stopping after Burn1, I'd remove "Burn2=Transfixing Stare|Mob" entry. Mez section will take priority over Burn anyways, so if you need to mez adds it will happen.

See if that lets it run through Burn. My enchanter is also hit or miss on making it all the way through Burn everytime. I think Mez checks can drop Burn and KA won't go back to try again. Just one pass at Burn.

Last edited:
Thanks. Then there should also maybe be a pre-burn section, because often nameds get pulled with adds? I put those in because the burn was taking a long time to complete and adds were chewing up the tank for too long. I'll remove it for now and continue testing.

You can also add Named conditions to your DPS section. So you can be sure to fire certain things if a named is pulled. This is from my SK's DPS stuff if the target is a named, in addition to his full Burn section.

INI:
[DPS]
DPSCOn=1
DPS29=Fundament: Third Spire of the Reavers|99|cond4
DPS30=Bloody Orc Signet|99|cond4
DPS31=Visage of Decay|95|cond4
[KConditions]
ConOn=1
Cond4=${Target.Named}

You could also look at eqmule's 110 wizard ini which has no Burn section and does all burn via DPS section with Named conditions.

Thanks a metric buttload*. Lol. I've updated my .INI to try eqmule's in-DPS burn. This seems like a very clean way of approaching burns. RedCents given. Your help is truly appreciated.

* Not to be overly specific, but roughly 1453.6 liters worth. ;)

Last edited:
Just curious, what is the burn text for KA11? We use to be able to echo text to the server and it would fire off the burns. using /burn throws and error as unknown. Anyone able to use non-conditional ini files or old version of kiss 10.x files with burns?

Getting "could not parse //burn", am I missing something simple here ??

Last edited:
I use EQBC and wrote a hotkey for this and it works to get all of my toons to burn at the same time. It's manual doing it this way but all toons who are connected to EQBC will see it and start their burns.

/bcaa //burn

Hope it helps whoever is having a problem still.

Problem - Burn Section No Longer Working for Me in KA11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back