• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Bugged Corpses

RedCents
18¢
Today, i've had a few invalid corpse's after death. Seems to be random because some in the group will get them and others won't. Anyone getting this and have a solution?

I don't have a solution but I feel like I know the cause perhaps.

Yesterday I started trying to rewrite MQ2Rez from scratch. I found that if via plugin I told the player to select "Resurrect" to spawn at my corpse to see if it was ready using the same code that was in MQ2Rez, but I had not yet received a rez, that it would invalidate my corpse, even while I was hovering on the corpse. I would have to /notify RespawnWnd OptionsList listselect 1, then while still hovering have my cleric cast the rez in order to actually get a rez on that corpse. If I didn't do that, when the timer ran out I would stay hovering on my corpse and would have to force close the game, when I came back to the game I was alive and where I died, but my corpse was invalid and couldn't get a rez.

This was the only way I was able to duplicate an invalid corpse on purpose.

I believe the invalid corpse is a current eq issue and is just a coincidence with mq2rez having issues

non mq2people on the official boards have been talking about it

Decay returns "Your target isn't a corpse." I've been hidecorpsing but if the corpse is the toon's that I want to hide it on, it won't work. Which messes up clerics and tanks a fair amount. Are we just SoL on this one?
well its an eq bug - so unless you have a way to patch the eq code then yes =p

Problem - Bugged Corpses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back