• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Broke my maps!

Saffron

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
2,697¢
Hello Everyone,
So here is what happened. I was using Brewall's maps for TOV and the Tower of Frozen Shadow map was offset. It made 4th floor pretty much useless. So I downloaded Good's maps and copied over only the 4 frozenshadow files. I logged back in and no more offset. Yaay. Problem is I have almost zero extended info. The only thing I get is NPC and shiny now, no info about mobs. Here is what I tired:
1: Camp and come back - no go
2: /nav reload - no go
3:Camp to desktop, update everything through Redguides Launcher, log back in - no go
4:Copy the _1, _2, _3 files from Brewall's maps over but leave the Good's file that isn't offset - no go

Any ideas how to fix this? I clicked everything on the map feature in game but I still can't get the info about the mobs anymore, the little dots on the map where you can see what con and where they are. Thank you in advance. Also, Good's map file seems to be all ligned up correctly but took away extended info.

When you install custom maps, you should really be creating new folders for each set in the Everquest/Maps folder. So Good's should go in their own folder, Brewall in their own, EQResource in a 3rd. Do not touch the default maps, leave them be.

My advice, at this point, would be to start over. Delete everything, let EQ patch and then install fresh copies of the maps from each map maker in their own folder. This will give you a pull down menu on the in-game map that you can select each map set.

When you install custom maps, you should really be creating new folders for each set in the Everquest/Maps folder. So Good's should go in their own folder, Brewall in their own, EQResource in a 3rd. Do not touch the default maps, leave them be.

My advice, at this point, would be to start over. Delete everything, let EQ patch and then install fresh copies of the maps from each map maker in their own folder. This will give you a pull down menu on the in-game map that you can select each map set.
Yup, this is what Brewall recommends in the install guide:

I'd also give this a shot, you never know:

/mac map

we haven't updated that macro in a decade but it should still run, let me know if not.

Problem - Broke my maps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back