• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Broadcasting commands is not working (1 Viewer)

RedCents
288¢
So I hope sic sees this maybe he can help me. I have 3 plugins I got for EQ I got the MQ2rouge, MQ2Eskay, MQ2zerker and I try to open the MQ It launches I login the game everything Is there. But they won't respond to any commands. They won't follow me even with the basic MQ Follow cmd they won't do anything. Can someone help me?

Hey RCgaming,

What are the basic commands that you're using? are you just pressing the come to me button? There's two different ways the characters communicate to eachother in the background it's either with MQ2Dannet or with MQ2EQBC

For mq2eqbc you have to launch the chat server for it to work

I suggest using mq2dannet, in game type /plugin mq2dannet load

then give it another try

So I hope sic sees this maybe he can help me. I have 3 plugins I got for EQ I got the MQ2rouge, MQ2Eskay, MQ2zerker and I try to open the MQ It launches I login the game everything Is there. But they won't respond to any commands. They won't follow me even with the basic MQ Follow cmd they won't do anything. Can someone help me?
as maxd said, to "broadcast commands" you will either be using mq2dannet or eqbc, they need to be configured and working to broadcast commands like "come to me" and such - doesn't have anything to do with the class plugins.

now if you had your group ma designated in your group window, and they were in "mode 2" (chase mode) and getting kicked to manual mode, it would prompt you saying that you dont have a valid mesh, and that you need nav meshes for mq2nav to do stuff.

it sounds like you just don't have your communication running - click the links that max showed above and go from there. if you dont already have a preference, i would use dannet as it doesn't require you to remember to make sure that the eqbcs (server) is running and needing to be connected to. I personally run both out of habit and convinience, but either one or both is fine.

the defaults for the mq2groupinfo "come to me" etc is to use dannet - make sure to check the instructions tab of mq2dannet to help debug if you have it loaded but it isn't working

eqbc can also sometimes run into issues where you need to make sure that you are allowing eqbc to have access

are you allowing eqbcs access?
1656455912949.png

press windows key
type "allow"
click "allow an app through windows firewall"

as maxd said, to "broadcast commands" you will either be using mq2dannet or eqbc, they need to be configured and working to broadcast commands like "come to me" and such - doesn't have anything to do with the class plugins.

now if you had your group ma designated in your group window, and they were in "mode 2" (chase mode) and getting kicked to manual mode, it would prompt you saying that you dont have a valid mesh, and that you need nav meshes for mq2nav to do stuff.

it sounds like you just don't have your communication running - click the links that max showed above and go from there. if you dont already have a preference, i would use dannet as it doesn't require you to remember to make sure that the eqbcs (server) is running and needing to be connected to. I personally run both out of habit and convinience, but either one or both is fine.

the defaults for the mq2groupinfo "come to me" etc is to use dannet - make sure to check the instructions tab of mq2dannet to help debug if you have it loaded but it isn't working

eqbc can also sometimes run into issues where you need to make sure that you are allowing eqbc to have access

are you allowing eqbcs access?
1656455912949.png

press windows key
type "allow"
click "allow an app through windows firewall"
Thank you It has been fixed!

Hey RCgaming,

What are the basic commands that you're using? are you just pressing the come to me button? There's two different ways the characters communicate to eachother in the background it's either with MQ2Dannet or with MQ2EQBC

For mq2eqbc you have to launch the chat server for it to work

I suggest using mq2dannet, in game type /plugin mq2dannet load

then give it another try
Thank you It has been fixed!

Problem - Broadcasting commands is not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back