• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Boxing set ups? (1 Viewer)

poopyfarts

RedCents
267¢
What do you all think I'd get the most bang for my buck with?

Sk/Bard/Wiz/Mage/2x cleric merc
Sk/Bard/Wiz/Sham/2x wizard merc

I want to run 6 characters but my OCD won't let me be happy unless I do everything on them (epics, clickies, evolving items). 4 seems like a happy medium.

What do you all think I'd get the most bang for my buck with?

Sk/Bard/Wiz/Mage/2x cleric merc
Sk/Bard/Wiz/Sham/2x wizard merc

I want to run 6 characters but my OCD won't let me be happy unless I do everything on them (epics, clickies, evolving items). 4 seems like a happy medium.
There are a ton of options - most of it depends on what your goals and expectations are. for doing current TBL group content (missions, etc) mercs are not going to give you as much mileage as they may have done in past years, but it isn't the end of the world, you will just be limited. Good news is - once you have a solid foundation it isn't too hard to add in another toon and get them caught up to your main crew.

Healer mercs are notoriously pisspoor for current content and I would strongly encourage you to consider adding in real healer (like your second group)

since you're running a bard - i recommend going towards more of a melee oriented group, but they can compliment casters too
some very popular group makeups using SKs since you have that for your tank

SK/Ench/Clr/Mage/Wiz/Wiz (or any combo of mage/wiz and another mage/wiz or ranger/druid/bst
SK/Bard/Shm 3 melee (rogues, zerkers, beasties etc)
SK/Clr/Bard and 3 melee as above

I personally rock War/Clr/Bard/Zerk/Zerk/Bst - not everyone's cup of tea, but the 2 berzerkers with @ChatWithThisName mq2berzerker plugin do crazy dps, and the beastlord gives some utility and rings it's own fun to the group. Could easily swap in a SK instead, but I enjoy the warrior just fine. Shm could also work, but TBL has a steep entry for heals

My strongest advice is start with something you enjoy.

Happiness < Min-Maxing until Min-Maxing = Happiness

Best wishes!

I use to box an enchanter, but I feel more comfortable with the bard, and I find that pulling a bunch of mobs to mez them with the enchanter isn't as rewarding as just face tanking them with the SK. Easy double invis, selos, and pretty decent wizard ADPS is good enough for me.

My goals are to do everything current, easily. I think the biggest question I have if all gear was TBL T3/GMM, is does two merc healers heal a SK better than a shaman?

If the shaman is going to be more beneficial for straight healing, then I'm fine with two caster mercs on burn

I use to box an enchanter, but I feel more comfortable with the bard, and I find that pulling a bunch of mobs to mez them with the enchanter isn't as rewarding as just face tanking them with the SK. Easy double invis, selos, and pretty decent wizard ADPS is good enough for me.

My goals are to do everything current, easily. I think the biggest question I have if all gear was TBL T3/GMM, is does two merc healers heal a SK better than a shaman?

If the shaman is going to be more beneficial for straight healing, then I'm fine with two caster mercs on burn

If you're going to do current content - absolutely not - healer mercs will not heal you to victory doing some of the missions.

Shammies can definitely do it, but with just group gear and progressing in the xpac (meaning not raid geared) you will have a little bit of a hard time until your dudes are geared (fortunately GMM helps fill some of that gap). I can't mention this enough - TBL is a different jump in mob damage compared to other expansions and they will roast your tank. Plenty of people use solo healing shammies, but many of those groups have some raid gear, or already have their toons maxAA'd etc --- there are plenty of threads on the boards of shammies and druids complaining that they can't heal anything and it is a shitshow for them

If you went with Shammy you could always use a merc healer as a backup instead of a wizzie merc - which might fill that gap as needed

So if my main dps is going to be a wizard, the idea would be to box an enchanter then?

Selos, double invis, and track are useful in group content. How much adps am I losing out if I keep the bard?

So if my main dps is going to be a wizard, the idea would be to box an enchanter then?

Selos, double invis, and track are useful in group content. How much adps am I losing out if I keep the bard?

Selos is great, but you can still do double invis (I assume you mean IVU and normal invis) without the bard, and track is worthless with the mobs displayed on the map and MQ2Spawnmaster setup.

I haven't seen an actual caster ADPS apples to apples parse of bard-vs-enchanter support, but I think enchanters would win. The simple version is Bards give +45% spell dmg, but Enchanters give a ton of stuff that increases crit chance/dmg. Both can also give a variety of +dmg boosts to nukes, but those are after crit calculations so they don't add a lot overall.

Question - Boxing set ups?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back