• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Boxing and Gloomingdeep (1 Viewer)

Kae

RedCents
Hey everyone!

Not sure how frequently people have this dilemma but for those who may have seen my earlier post I’m new to multi boxing and returning to EQ to build my little rogue-like 6 man team and explore Norrath.

One thing I can imagine being a ‘oh… here we go’ is the tutorial. I briefly remember there being a LOT of chat interactions and items and questing etc as opposed to camping and grinding. And with 6 characters (initially, more to be added) my question is this:

Is the tutorial absolutely necessary on all 6 characters?

Is there a way to make this seamless or will it be a pain?

Some additional things to note - I won’t be using Krono / have a wealth of platinum to buy gear so the gear from the tutorial may help.

I’m considering running the tutorial on one class (my tank) and the others just not doing it? If that’s even an option?

Hey everyone!

Not sure how frequently people have this dilemma but for those who may have seen my earlier post I’m new to multi boxing and returning to EQ to build my little rogue-like 6 man team and explore Norrath.

One thing I can imagine being a ‘oh… here we go’ is the tutorial. I briefly remember there being a LOT of chat interactions and items and questing etc as opposed to camping and grinding. And with 6 characters (initially, more to be added) my question is this:

Is the tutorial absolutely necessary on all 6 characters?

Is there a way to make this seamless or will it be a pain?

Some additional things to note - I won’t be using Krono / have a wealth of platinum to buy gear so the gear from the tutorial may help.

I’m considering running the tutorial on one class (my tank) and the others just not doing it? If that’s even an option?
the tutorial is probably good since you're coming back to the game. since it is a tutorial.

you definitely don't "need" to do it, however.

yes you can definitely leave right away, or even skip it all together by unchecking tutorial at char creation

the tutorial is probably good since you're coming back to the game. since it is a tutorial.

you definitely don't "need" to do it, however.

yes you can definitely leave right away, or even skip it all together by unchecking tutorial at char creation
I don’t mind doing it on one character or so as I remember it giving some gear I just didnt lnow if I would have to run it 6 times consecutively or I could bypass it on the other chars.

Good to know thank you I’ll definitely run through it on my tank :D

I would suggest you do the main quest givers in the center of the camp. You can get a few good things, haste stick, armor etc that will last you a few levels.

Will also show you about using maps, mercs, the find key etc. I always suggest returning players go thru a few of them. The more involved quests offered that take you further into the mines are not that important I feel.

On character creation you will start in the tutorial unless you uncheck the box on the right of the character creation screen. You will not have a choice of a home city unless your account is all access to start with. For free accounts your starting city is Cresent Reach.

To leave the tutorial just go up to Arias and /say ready to leave and that will port you to POK

There is also an exit behind the waterfall

That tutorial is only good up to level 13 ish then it kicks you out. When you get to pok you may want to go to a soul binder and get bound up there. That is also covered in the tutorial. This way when you die it won't try to send you back there when you are too high of a level and cannot enter any more;

Later at your convenience you want to go see Secalna Galnor in POK (is on find) and she has the tutorial quests continued but these can be done at any level and only take about 10 minutes each. So do them when and if you ever want. I would suggest you do the one "Guilds and Guild Halls" which will allow you to join a generic guild they put in the game so returning and new players can use the ports in the guild halls until they find a real guild they want to join.

Also handy is to download the stand alone maps from Good and Brewells. Most players run both. They are free - just google

Have fun!

you can run the tutorial with you’re whole group. It’s a fantastic way to learn how to control all 6 toons. You have to request the quests, hand items in, follow each other. You can also get some ok newbie gear. The absolute must though is destroying the kobold barrels and finding bags. bags at early levels are more important than gear, you can’t sell what you can’t carry. Since this is a new group with no money behind it you’re gonna need to loot and sell everything you can get your paws on

Question - Boxing and Gloomingdeep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back