• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Bonus XP, Rare Spawns & Lockout Reduction: Nov 11 - Nov 16 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
219¢
In case you had not seen the good news yet.

Posted by Roshen: Link

Hail Norrathians!

There's more FALL FRENZY happening! Starting now, and running through Monday, November 16 (11:59PM PST), you'll get
50% Bonus XP!
Bonus Rare Spawns
Lockout Reductions
Don't forget, our Fall Frenzy events are leading up to The Broken Mirror. Have you pre-ordered your copy yet?

*As with previous Fall Frenzy events, this bonus will not apply on any Time-Locked Progression Servers.

TLP would break even worse than it already is if they allowed this on to it. There'd be 100x as many mage armies running around permacamping everything important. One of the main reasons I quit TLP!

Setup is going to be war, bard, chanter, cleric and wiz x2. Might be replacing bard after I get chanter leveled up.

TLP would break even worse than it already is if they allowed this on to it. There'd be 100x as many mage armies running around permacamping everything important. One of the main reasons I quit TLP!

There arent hardly as many Mage armies running around now. I still see groups with 2-3 mages in them but it is dwindling. I have yet to have trouble with any of them I have seen. The Krono grab is dropping off.

Setup is going to be war, bard, chanter, cleric and wiz x2. Might be replacing bard after I get chanter leveled up.

sounds like most of my current groups, but I do war, cleric, bard, wiz wiz then anything I am leveling or a buffer class like druid or shammy or another wiz (when in doubt it is always another wiz lol). I find that the bard is most useful after a party wipe, he gets up and starts tanking where my chanter gets up, gets hit, dies and I have to wait for all to die, mob to wander off then repop my group...

I cannot count how many times my bard has "offtanked" while the cleric rezes the real tank.

I'd replace the bard with a mage just for management sake. So much easier to run the mage where you need to go and coh everyone. Especially when you have zones like Arx and Degmar and Caverns. Running with /stick or /chase is just not going to work.

I was running war,clr,enc,wiz,wiz,mage. Caster heavy groups should roll with enchanters whereas melee heavy groups should roll with bards.

Just my personal experience tho.

With the changes over the past few months and upcoming xpac, making a Mage for a caster DPS group at this point is probably a horrible idea unless you have some deep-rooted love of the class. They've run the class into the ground if you're just wanting DPS IMO.

As for the comment of 'TLP being the red headed stepchild of EQ'... lulz.

Re: Bonus XP, Rare Spawns & Lockout Reduction: Nov 11 - Nov 16

Easy fix, Raz: Don't die. Gosh.

Too many toons with too many variable, if the tank crashes, if the mezzer crashes, if I get trained... although I got trained while I was leveling a 2nd bard and 2 bards can mez the world! lol Anyway, deaths happen so I set my teams up around the premise they will die, now recover!

- - - Updated - - -

I was running war,clr,enc,wiz,wiz,mage. Caster heavy groups should roll with enchanters whereas melee heavy groups should roll with bards.

Just my personal experience tho.

I used to run only casters and only enchanters, but honestly the bards off-tank ability is such a useful trait I have started doing all bards and no chanters in all my groups... and you know I love me some casters!

Nah I like TLP, just wish we weren't always the red headed step child. :)

NAW, not the readhead step child...
TLP is more like the spoiled baby in a large family..with many years between him and his next sibling
They think that just cuz the older ones (out of highschool and into college) get something, they (who are still in k-4) need to get it to....

Ypu already got better toys (Corpse runs arn't the same as what we had to do), and the cellphones (all the info of what and how we did stuff and where)...NO you just too young for the CAR too....

Re: Bonus XP, Rare Spawns & Lockout Reduction: Nov 11 - Nov 16

I used to run only casters and only enchanters, but honestly the bards off-tank ability is such a useful trait I have started doing all bards and no chanters in all my groups... and you know I love me some casters!

You know, enchanters can tank too!

- - - Updated - - -

You know, enchanters can tank too!

I have heard over and over from different people about chanter rune tanking, but never seen it and kiss does not really do it, so until kiss lets the chanter tank, its bards for me.....

News - Bonus XP, Rare Spawns & Lockout Reduction: Nov 11 - Nov 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back