• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

bmpwad8.s3d - Still Changeable? (1 Viewer)

codecaster

RedCents
Remember when MQ2 used to load a custom splash screen by saving a new one in this file and putting it in the \Release folder?

Is this still doable? I opened up my bmpwad8.s3d with EQInside and the bmp in there doesn't match the DoDH one that I see when I load. It looks like the one from a billion years ago when PoP was released...

-CodeCaster

ahhhhhhh crap.

Rich (BB code):
14 September 2004 by Amadeus
- All the fixes needed to make MQ2 work with Omens of War
- The way that EQ handles the initial splash screen has changed dramatically.
MQ's custom SplashScreen is disabled.

I wonder if it's not fixable tho? Any thoughts?

-CodeCaster

Codecaster I suggest you start your search in Eqgame.h

Line 232 = the Line for a SplashScreen.

As it reads currently :

//#define __LoadSplashScreen 0x0

So....Uncomment it out and find an......offset for the splash screen!? . But if it did change drastically how Eq loads its splashes.....Then this won't be too much help.

Yeah, but they way the old one worked, you could just put the new bmpwad in the release folder and MQ2 would do the hook to redirect where the client was looking for the splash screen graphic. Apparently, the hook changed or something so drastically, they just took the damn thing out alltogether.

I'm willing to bet the code location that Mochila posted is from the old way things were handled. I would certainly be hard-pressed to find a splash screen offset... rofl where the hell would one even start? It's not like you can narrow that down to a conditional thing...

I'll dig a little deeper and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the input, guys.

-CodeCaster

bmpwad8.s3d - Still Changeable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back