• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

News - Blizzard Sues MMOGlider (1 Viewer)

Alatyami

NotAddicted.com Engineer (Retired)
RedCents
794¢
SlashDot said:
Blizzard Awarded $6M Damages From MMOGlider

"The makers of MMOGlider have been found in breach of the World of Warcraft terms of service and are forced to pay Blizzard $6M in damages."
There's a lot of sticky issues on this one. Mostly I'm amazed that MMOGlider had that kind of cash.

For the full article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7645059.stm

~Alatyami

Not really news that they sued them, just that they were awarded way to much in damages.

Because really, Blizzard needs the money to toss it into their ocean of money they let management swim in.

Jesus... Not only do they have $6m to give away, but they're still running the business same as usual which makes me think that they have much more than that. Doesn't surprise me too much, just a shocker at how much money is in cheats these days. Several people made $100,000+ selling ND on Everquest in less than a year. Considering the fact that WoW has 10,000,000+ active players and EQ has a few hundred thousand (somewhere in that area), it's not too suprising that they've made that much cash.

News - Blizzard Sues MMOGlider

Users who are viewing this thread

Back