• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Blank windows on different sessions (1 Viewer)

Ivorii

RedCents
56¢
Hi

I am running three sessions of EQ on the live Vox server, but having issues with my second and third with MQ2.

All three sessions load up fine with autologin, however if it type a command on the second or third session it makes all the chat/quest/MQ windows etc go blank on those sessions. The first session is fine and lists all the information from the commands and I can see chat in the other windows, plus quest information etc.

This is a problem as I tend to play from my second session out of habit and even if it try to load the second char as the first, the chat windows etc will still be blank even tho it is now loaded as the first session.

I have searched the forums high and low and cannot see this particular problem listed by anyone else.

Any help would be much appreciated.

it seems there's a "limit" on how many things can be labeled at once.

when you have the map open and lots of mq2map labels, the game / mq2 runs out of resources and has to stop drawing something. It's (at least for me as well) usually the chat boxes.

close the map or zoom in to draw less labels on the map and the chat should return

you might work with undoing the mq2map features on your 2nd / 3rd instances to reduce the likelihood it happens.

Generally speaking I tend to not have anything but named showing on my map, unless I zoom in close beforehand, for this very reason.

Just a FYI, if you still have a lot of mobs on the map after zooming in, you can hold control down and right click on the spawn label on the map to take it off the map. (does not work on objects) I find this useful when I want to monitor a specific area with out seeing all the spawn around it that I am not killing/getting near anyways. Note how ever that this only works on THAT spawn... as in respawns will bring the (now new) spawn label back

Question - Blank windows on different sessions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back