• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Biggest endurance sapping discs and AA for a zerker (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,519¢
The berserker class sure requires some study. I've got a very nice macro but it has 30 DPS entries for KA. Needless to say my zerker's endurance runs down fast. So I was hoping people who know the class well could let me know which are the really endurance draining skills so I can remove them. TIA.

The berserker class sure requires some study. I've got a very nice macro but it has 30 DPS entries for KA. Needless to say my zerker's endurance runs down fast. So I was hoping people who know the class well could let me know which are the really endurance draining skills so I can remove them. TIA.
I use MQ2Berzerker and don't have endurance issues, can keep these toons pumping pretty much nonstop - one of the reasons i swapped my farm groups to zerkers instead of using mages/wizzies

We would likely need to see your ini to see what stuff you're using to nom all your go-go-gadget-sauce

are you using Breather when low etc?

Here is what I am using. I have cut a lot of it down from the original.

INI:
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=23
DPSSkip=1
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Savage Spirit|95|Cond25
DPS2=Juggernaut Surge|95|Cond24
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=Frenzied Resolve Discipline|98|Cond6
DPS5=Avenging Flurry Discipline|98|Cond7
DPS6=Cleaving Acrimony Discipline|98|Cond8
DPS7=Cry Carnage|97|Cond9
DPS8=Battle Leap|97|Cond10
DPS9=Shared Cruelty|97|Cond11
DPS10=Vehement Rage|95|Cond22
DPS11=Binding Axe|96
DPS12=Bubbling Rage|97|Cond14
DPS13=Sapping Strikes|97|Cond15
DPS14=Demolisher's Alliance|97|Cond16
DPS15=Drawn to Blood|96|Cond17
DPS16=War Cry of the Braxi|96
DPS17=Dichotomic Rage|96
DPS18=Axe of the Aeons|96
DPS19=Frenzy|96
DPS20=Demolishing Frenzy|96
DPS21=Demolishing Volley|96|Cond18
DPS22=Demolishing Axe Throw|96|Cond19
DPS23=Phantom Assailant|96|Cond20

[KConditions]
Cond1=${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Breather].ID} && ${Me.PctEndurance} < 60
Cond2=${Me.AltAbilityReady[Bloodfury]}&& ${Me.PctEndurance} < 60
Cond3=${Me.AltAbilityReady[Bloodfury]}&&!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}&&${Me.PctHPs}>90
Cond4=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}
Cond5=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}
Cond6=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}
Cond7=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}
Cond8=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}
Cond9=!${Me.Song[Cry Carnage].ID}
Cond10=${Math.Calc[!${Me.Song[Battle Leap Warcry IV].ID}].Int}
Cond11=!${Me.Song[Reflected Cruelty].ID}
Cond12=${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[Amplified Frenzy].RankName}]}&&!${Me.Buff[Amplified Frenzy Effect].ID}&&${Me.PctHPs}>70
Cond13=!${Me.Buff[Amplified Frenzy Effect].ID}&&${Me.PctHPs}<90
Cond14=!${Me.Song[Bubbling Rage Effect].ID}
Cond15=!${Me.Song[Sapping Strikes Effect].ID}
Cond16=!${Target.Buff[Demolisher's Alliance Trigger].ID}
Cond17=${Target.Distance}>5
Cond18=!${Me.Song[Greater Scarlet Cheetah Fang].ID}
Cond19=!${Me.Song[Greater Scarlet Cheetah Fang].ID}
Cond20=!${Me.Song[Greater Scarlet Cheetah Fang].ID}
Cond21=!${Me.Song[Greater Scarlet Cheetah Fang].ID}
Cond22=${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vehement Rage]}
Cond23=!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vehement Rage]}&&${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fundament: Third Spire of Savagery]}
Cond24=!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vehement Rage]}&&!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fundament: Third Spire of Savagery]}&&${Me.AltAbilityReady[Juggernaut Surge]}
Cond25=!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vehement Rage]}&&!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fundament: Third Spire of Savagery]}&&!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Juggernaut Surge]}&&${Me.AltAbilityReady[Savage Spirit]}
ConOn=1
CondSize=25

This one is very expensive on endurance. It only helps if you have 3 zerkers in your group too. Debuff adds a little dmg to other zerkers hits (doesn't count from zerker that casts the debuff) and triggers a 2M DD if enough hits land before it wears off. Good for Named mainly.
INI:
DPS14=Demolisher's Alliance|97|Cond16

Cond16=!${Target.Buff[Demolisher's Alliance Trigger].ID}

If you're not running that, your zerker should be fine on endurance. Make sure you have Breather set up in Buffs too.

It's less about what discs are using endurance, and more about what you are doing to counteract the drain during downtime/combat.

The berserker is capable of sustained combat with nearly no downtime with the use of reprieve, communion of blood, and sapping strikes. So the above wouldn't help me solve your lack of endurance issues. The full INI would be needed to assist with the matter.

It's also probably worth mentioning that you have several conditions that are mirror images of each other, and due to the way they are designed it's rather complicated to review the conditions after I find a new one as opposed to just recalling what one is. What I'm saying is that

INI:
Cond19=!${Me.Song[Greater Scarlet Cheetah Fang].ID}
Cond20=!${Me.Song[Greater Scarlet Cheetah Fang].ID}
Cond21=!${Me.Song[Greater Scarlet Cheetah Fang].ID}

Could be compressed down to show

INI:

and instead of having multiple conditions for one thing, you use the same condition repeatedly for the each of the DPS entries.

INI:
DPS21=Demolishing Volley|96|Cond18
DPS22=Demolishing Axe Throw|96|Cond18
DPS23=Phantom Assailant|96|Cond18

The same could be done for Cond4

INI:
Cond5=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}
Cond6=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}
Cond7=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}
Cond8=!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID}

changed to

INI:

INI:
DPS4=Frenzied Resolve Discipline|98|Cond4
DPS5=Avenging Flurry Discipline|98|Cond4
DPS6=Cleaving Acrimony Discipline|98|Cond4

Removing any unused conditions could also be helpful as nothing was using Cond4 or 5 in the above INI.

Of course, none of that technically matters for anything beyond readability.

What AA's you have available to you, what abilities you have and don't have (anything missing)?

INI:
DPS13=Sapping Strikes|97|Cond15
Cond15=!${Me.Song[Sapping Strikes Effect].ID}

This is a way to get endurance and shouldn't just be hammered out anytime it's available. In your situation i can see why you would want to do it that way (because you appear to be running out of endurance). But it's better to understand the capabilities of your character such as how much you expect to gain from sapping strikes, and how much your current endurance is at the time you would like to use it in combat. Should only be used in combat when the combat will meet or exceed the length of time your sapping strikes lasts. I personally only use it when I burn in MQ2BerZerker to counteract the excessive endurance used when firing off the extra abilities.

Reprieve should be used anytime you are not in combat and your endurance is under the maximum it can be used. The endurance gain will keep you from zeroing out. However you will always appear to be "low" on endurance, it's typically enough regen to keep you afloat indefinitely.

Communion of Blood as an AA to sacrifice health in exchange for endurance is another way to keep your endurance up, however it has a lengthy recast time. It can be used regardless of current endurance and as such should only be used if you're endurance is under some predefined threshold.

For using Communion of Blood in conjunction with Reprieve line of abilities, if you have reprieve line currently active I wouldn't use Communion of Blood. The reason is that your endurance will reach the cap and fade after using communion of blood and now you've wasted communion of blood to achieve what you would have achieved with Reprieve. Should wait until after reprieve has faded and then use communion of blood if your endurance is still low.

I hope this sheds some light on the functionality of a berzerker and how I manage to keep the berzerker going like an energizer bunny.[/code]

Question - Biggest endurance sapping discs and AA for a zerker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back