• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Beware

Veteran Assling

RedCents
11¢
giving a heads up, was running through pok 5 mins ago had no macros going at all no hud no runspeed nadda, seen a gm ahead of me about 100 ft he was outside guild lobby i ran by him and boom suspended.

he did not warp into zone on top of me he was standing a ways ahead of me and just as i ran by he tagged me, have no idea how or why it was like he had a detect mq2 aura around him or something, i have used 0 macros today and been afk in trader all day, the 1 min i step out of bazaar he gets me /shrug

Firiona vie servers, looks like a perma ban too will psot more when i find out

Maybe he was doing random checks on logs and saw that there was some suspicious stuff in there.. don't know; But I ghosted my sig's for anguish recently and when i went to go turn in the case at Taro Orihk ( GM-Admin ) was standing there; and he had JUST gotton through with turning it in to check the text or something... he then watched me die x2 and laughed as i got owned... wonder if he was there for me

Have you used macros in the past? Have you done stuff that would get you suspended? I'd guess that they can ban you for stuff you have been seen doing earlier, not necessarily at that exact moment, but I dunno. Maybe someone petitioned you or something. Sucks, though. Hope you can get it back.

did you do something to anger someone else who might have reported you?

GM's like to come to aid of unenlightened players.

Well I was on to day and Runing the Forgotten Halls Macro. I went out the normal way so i could go and buy some stuff and when I came out there was GM-Ornt Standing there he asked me how I liked the hall and if the exp was good and how long I was in there and so on and so forth. To make a long story short he told me that they where just looking for feed back and left. *I was about to warp befor I saw Him* This is on the Xev Server.... Dont really thing that is a reason.... He didnt have a guild tag intill about 2 mins into our typing fest...... dont understand it. *I had MQ min because I'm runing 4 windows and i dont like *alt+tab* * but when i did it said GM-Ornt IN Zone............To close for me Going to let MQ rest a little lol

Veteran Assling said:
giving a heads up, was running through pok 5 mins ago had no macros going at all no hud no runspeed nadda, seen a gm ahead of me about 100 ft he was outside guild lobby i ran by him and boom suspended.

he did not warp into zone on top of me he was standing a ways ahead of me and just as i ran by he tagged me, have no idea how or why it was like he had a detect mq2 aura around him or something, i have used 0 macros today and been afk in trader all day, the 1 min i step out of bazaar he gets me /shrug

Firiona vie servers, looks like a perma ban too will psot more when i find out

wow, tahts an odd story....

I can't count the number of times I ahve been RIGHT NEXT TO or sitting down chatting with a GM while thinking....if he could only see my screen with all the nifty MQ2 data in there.....

I suspect you got popped for something you may have done prior to this unevental day that you got banned. Remember 9 times out of 10, it is a player that gets you popped, not random GM checks or server logs, Shared Bank not withstanding.

Yesterday, on server up, a guildmate went from EJ to Traks Lair and linking Trak/Prot/Jumpy loot in /gu in approximztely 7 minutes. While he was in Seb there was a lvl 66 GM/Guide or Whatever watching him. The GM/Guide, whatever he was claimed there was no wrongdoing in Seb but wasn't about to look at the logs for how he got there without a petition.

I know for a fact he was petitioned by at least 2 people so it's going to be interesting to see what will happen next. In all honesty I was tempted to make it 3. People like this are the ones that get the rest of us suspended/banned along with them. The dumbass didn't even bother to be anon so you were able to watch as he /zoned from EJ to Seb. /boggle

Why people litterally beg to be banned is beyond me. I mean c'mon... Patch day, server up and Trak and 3 other mobs dead (monk soloed) in 7 minutes? Why not put a sign on your back saying BAN ME!! And these same people will be the first to stand there scratching their heads saying "Gee I dunno how I got busted"

RedDog said:
Yesterday, on server up, a guildmate went from EJ to Traks Lair and linking Trak/Prot/Jumpy loot in /gu in approximztely 7 minutes. While he was in Seb there was a lvl 66 GM/Guide or Whatever watching him. The GM/Guide, whatever he was claimed there was no wrongdoing in Seb but wasn't about to look at the logs for how he got there without a petition.

I know for a fact he was petitioned by at least 2 people so it's going to be interesting to see what will happen next. In all honesty I was tempted to make it 3. People like this are the ones that get the rest of us suspended/banned along with them. The dumbass didn't even bother to be anon so you were able to watch as he /zoned from EJ to Seb. /boggle

Why people litterally beg to be banned is beyond me. I mean c'mon... Patch day, server up and Trak and 3 other mobs dead (monk soloed) in 7 minutes? Why not put a sign on your back saying BAN ME!! And these same people will be the first to stand there scratching their heads saying "Gee I dunno how I got busted"

Yea this rings true to me. I think the worst thing I do with MQ is chain zone. When I am going to chain zone though, I take some precautions....Go anon, Go invis (some players dont see invis...not much but it helps), and kill any pets I might have. (dont want them spawning then despawning as you chain through a zone).

I've chain zoned INTO a zone where a GM was standing where I popped. I simply resummoned my pet and waved at the GM, then sat down to start medding after summong a pet....no issues at all.....

It is very well known in the community that it is players, and more often than that, your supposed friends(guildmates who know you are a user) who will get you banned.

I would never turn in a friend/guildmate. But yesterday I was sorely tempted. Rampant stupidity should be a bannable offense in it's own rite

Beware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back