• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Better bags / containers (1 Viewer)

RedCents
615¢
I mostly use these bags on my characters (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=114418).

I'm looking for suggestions on bag upgrades that are reasonably easy to quest or farm. I've tried doing some of the hunter achievements for the bag rewards, but it's so tedious getting all the namers to pop.

Seems like there must be a better way to get larger bags, so I'm throwing it out the community to make some suggestions. Thoughts anyone?

I think Hunter and buying from group vendors for mission currency are the real only ways (they are lore and only one per expansion though). There are some expansion wide rare bags but they are VERY rare and not really worth it over just getting hunters. I tend to just start at Call of the Forsaken since the smallest bag it gives is 32 slot and biggest is 40 but have done HoT on smaller characters since they upped those bags to 26 and higher.

I think Hunter and buying from group vendors for mission currency are the real only ways (they are lore and only one per expansion though). There are some expansion wide rare bags but they are VERY rare and not really worth it over just getting hunters. I tend to just start at Call of the Forsaken since the smallest bag it gives is 32 slot and biggest is 40 but have done HoT on smaller characters since they upped those bags to 26 and higher.
What are some examples of the group vendor bags? To my embarrassment, I didn't know those bags even existed.

I didn't do any group missions until the Dead Hills.

What are some examples of the group vendor bags? To my embarrassment, I didn't know those bags even existed.

I didn't do any group missions until the Dead Hills.

If you select the expansion on EQResource and look at the group vendor it will show the bag for that expansion from the group vendor for alt currency.

I will echo what others have said here though, you really cant go wrong with hunter achievement bags. Just wait till a bonus spawn period and group all your guys in a raid and start knocking them out. You could easily knock out a few expansions worth of hunter in a three day bonus spawn period.

If you select the expansion on EQResource and look at the group vendor it will show the bag for that expansion from the group vendor for alt currency.

I will echo what others have said here though, you really cant go wrong with hunter achievement bags. Just wait till a bonus spawn period and group all your guys in a raid and start knocking them out. You could easily knock out a few expansions worth of hunter in a three day bonus spawn period.
Thanks for the EQResource reference! I didn't realize you could look at group vendors that way. I'd drop you a redcent, but my subscription just ended yesterday.

this mission drops a 40 slot bag
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8393

tradeable too
its says its a rare drop but i use to farm that mission to sell them and got a ton of them

I've often wondered if those single characters that are farming in The Grounds 24x7 are trying to farm rare bag drops.
They are, i've had luck just sending a tell to each of those little farm bot teams and negotiated to buy in bulk at a fraction of the cost. Helps em out, and reduces my risk. Works out well...the green 28 slots usually go for 750-1 mil on my server, dude agreed to sell em to me at 50k a pop...bough like a gazillion of each type of scuffed for alts

do the collections for the giganic trunk/s!
Found two collections rewards Fear Collector's Case and Frozen Satchel, and it looks like there is one container reward per expansion since CoT. That's a lot of rare collectibles to hunt down though. I guess I'll have to use overseer for collections rewards <shudder>. Seems like a lot of work ...

I did get this container Deep Caverns Collector's Case but it only holds collectables, so it only has marginal value in my bank.

Last edited:
They are, i've had luck just sending a tell to each of those little farm bot teams and negotiated to buy in bulk at a fraction of the cost. Helps em out, and reduces my risk. Works out well...the green 28 slots usually go for 750-1 mil on my server, dude agreed to sell em to me at 50k a pop...bough like a gazillion of each type of scuffed for alts
That's an excellent suggestion. Thanks!

carry some tradeskill bags if ur bags are always full most likely its because of that i carry 2 on my main toon and 4 on my bots and this clears up alot of space for other things. and u dont have to pick everything up. it just really boils down to managing what u pick up and what u dont imo.

this mission drops a 40 slot bag
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8393

tradeable too
its says its a rare drop but i use to farm that mission to sell them and got a ton of them
That is one of the expansion wide rare bags that has a small chance of dropping from any named in the given expansion.

Yeah, i got.. 3? in eok.. 4? in ros, 0 in tbl (cause F that place), 2 in tov, 0 in cov, 9 and counting in ToL
Lucky you, I've leveled up and progressed multiple alts and only seen one bag from EoK and one from ToV. I don't do much grinding to be honest though, mostly get alt to 100 then missions and progression to get to 120 so might be that, lower volume of mobs and named.

Question - Better bags / containers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back