• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Beta Gear (1 Viewer)

Darkmax

RedCents
1,239¢
I've been playing a bit in Beta and one of the many things I have noticed which could have a large impact on how people play is the new ultra rare gear. These pieces have the same stats as their raid dropped equivalent with a different graphic and name. They are also can be attuned as opposed to no drop like the raid pieces. Right now they have listed one piece for each raid non-visible, weapon, and shield. Not sure if this will go live but it is this way in beta.

Maybe I just didn't notice it but I thought the chase gear was close didn't realize it was exactly the same.

It isnt the same (historically anyway)... COTF chase loot was equivalent to ~ROF Raid T1 gear, TDS chase loot was equivalent to ~COTF Raid T1... TBM chase loot was a change, where it was basically like the T2 group drops in the static zones...

So what you're saying is that EoK chase loot is equivalent to EoK Raid gear? that would definitely get the raiders up in arms, knowing how much they griped about the previous expac's chase loot.

OK I thought they were close but not the same - read equivalent.

These new "ultra rares" are EXACTLY the same as raid loot - And I had left feedback for it being the same, thinking it was one of the many copy and pastes which was being updated still and the Dev which responded stating "This is as intended" and closed the feedback. The new graphics are different blue instead of purple for weapons and shields but stats and affects are the same.

As for 5% the raid loot is considerably more. For example my Paladin's raid shield is Runed Flesh Shield of Boromas with 400 AC and 4471 HP plus other stats - the new shield is 480 AC 5655 HP with a 2600 HP proc heal compared with a 1050 heal. The other stats on the shield have similar raises. The only difference between this new raid shield and the new chase one is the name and color. The same thing can be said of all of the gear this is just one example of the increase. So other than the raid armor everything else can be found as "ultra rares".

And yes having seen many betas I know that it is just as likely as not that things will be adjusted once the complaints roll in but for now at least this is what it is.

I think he is referring to rare items like Strifetorn Shroud which are no drop but have decent stats. Wouldn't really be chase items but closest I could think of.

Well, I guess there are plenty of zone-wide and/or expansion-wide no drop rares, but they're not raid quality (or near raid quality) like the CoTF and TDS rares were.

I think for TBM the chase drops are the Type 5 augs like Deft Diamond: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124574

It would be nice if the new rares are better than TBM raid quality but I will be shocked if DBG leaves the rares in at the same stats as EoK raid gear.

There would be so much wailing from raiders.

Do people even raid anymore? Other than the open raiding system on my server I have very little interaction with raiders. I feel like there might be a single raiding guild and then the open raiding system and that's it.

There are substantially fewer raiding guilds but they still exist outside of the open raid system. That being said I agree that many of them will complain about the lateral comparison of gear. As a raider and boxer I can see both sides of the argument. For raiders it means that many of the unique rewards for raiding will have been greatly reduced - which gives less motivation for some to raid. That is however tied to the rarity of the items. Since I only raid with one toon and have yet to gear up alts with raid gear, it would be nice to upgrade their equipment with droppable gear. I do think a great deal of how much this affects anything will be the true rarity of Ultra Rares as they are called. I am assuming they will be zone wide or expac wide and won't have that great of affect on anything as their rarity will price them out of most players reach. All of that is yet to be seen. I have to agree with playj that, regardless of the Dev response, it is very likely that the stats will change either before or shortly after these items start to appear.

Yea, I used to raid heavily, and even got to be kind of a stinker and would do name changes on toons to get them into other raiding guilds. There were times I was raiding in two different raids on two different toons at the same time. I'm sure others do this, as well.

They're definitely much better than EoK T2 group gear and I bet the raid gear you can see on the merchants is just T1 raid stuff and they haven't even started with the raid crap for EoK end game.

Hopefully they drop in HA's/instances. My plan was to work on the brunt of the AA's in TDS, but that may change.

Are there upgrades to the type 5 augs from TBM in EoK? Is the gear the same style as TBM (shitty alone, but lots of aug slots)?

The second question first - NO! It's standard gear. I've seen some upgrades to the type 5 augs but I don't recall the stats now.

casa said:

My plan was to work on the brunt of the AA's in TDS, but that may change.

That would be a lot of time in TDS - looks like around 13,000 to 15,000 new AAs.

The second question first - NO! It's standard gear. I've seen some upgrades to the type 5 augs but I don't recall the stats now.

casa said:

That would be a lot of time in TDS - looks like around 13,000 to 15,000 new AAs.

And by "new AA's" I've been told that means "hastened" and other dumb aa's that just enhance the current AA lines.... there are very few, if any, new lines. Correct?

Yes the majority of the additional AAs will go toward increasing the cap on a current line of AAs. There are also some new enhancements - more healing, damage, etc given to spells which didn't get it before. The only really new ideas I can think of are the synergy line - which is unique to each class. And not sure if you would call the idea new but persistent illusions for everyone and swarm pet control. All of the AAs for Paladins are passive in nature and I suspect the same is true of the other classes.

I am wondering what the % drop rate of EoK chase loots is. I am sure there is not near enough data in yet to determine that, however, is there any thoughts that it is similar to previous chase loot %s?

News - Beta Gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back