• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Best (or worst) story of /destroy - discuss (1 Viewer)

allandallis235

RedCents
965¢
So, I have been living dangerously for a couple years... I had a hotkey setup to /destroy.... it was very useful to me... until
I destroyed my Dagger of Evil Summons on my mage 😢

Luckily I was able to get another in short order, but it was a lesson learned.

With that in mind, pour yourself your favored drink, sit down at the table, and let's hear your story.

During HoT - I got the beta reward (Gumdrop Button) and later during progression my inventory was full of quest item (Sticky Gumdrop) and when deleting excess quest items, I also deleted my gingerbread-man illusion.. (they are same icon and similar name)

Selling all container contents. Clicked the wrong bag to sell because the icons all looked identical. Ended up selling my tradeskill bag containing months worth of dropped components. A GM eventually recovered everything and I got to keep the plat. But now I always double check the text name of the container that shows in the vendor window before pressing the sell button.

Speed deleting stacks of crap, deleted my SK's 1hd blunt (tov era). Was able to get it back, GM replaced, gave me a H2H type 21.. said "thanks, but it had this, i cant use that".. my bad, gave me back the right one, and was like keep the other (useless type 21)...

Deleted efreeti death visage while cleaning out a bunch of junk that I thought was useless (255 HP .. /junk) :(

I miss being a spectre but mostly just miss those hours of my life spent on that tedious quest.

Many times I have destroyed items where the icon "looked" like something insignificant, but I didn't bother to hover long enough or check by clicking. Took me awhile to finally get aggravated enough to double check every time. lol

Delete Online Marketing GIF by CLANEO

Discussion - Best (or worst) story of /destroy - discuss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back