• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Benefits of war vs pal with melee team (1 Viewer)

RedCents
348¢
Hi guys. My caster team has been running great but I’m thinking about running a melee group starting from level 1 just for the fun of it. I’m thinking tank/shm/brd/bst/x/x where x is rog/rog or ber/ber (leaning ber/ber because I’ve never had one and I like the idea of the class) My question is is there a benefit to either a war or a pally?

I love my SK but man that’s a lot of AA to grind out. I know the shaman also has 70K+ but I’m not sure I can do it mentally. Besides I already have an sk. So war vs pally, is there a benefit to one over the other with this group?

Pally would be my recommendation. When the healer dies there's at least a small chance that the pally self heals will get you through the fight. Warriors are cool but without a healer they die eventually.
My 2 cp for the x/x is at least 1 rogue. Being able to drag corpses is priceless.

I'd run warrior, cleric, zerk for your 3 unknowns. Put the shaman on slower/dot dps mode (shm are really good dps) and let them throw out the occasional group heal or HoT instead of relying on shaman to be the main healer. Plus, if you're leveling from 1, shaman as the sole healer is struggle bus mode in the early and mid game.

Warrior would be my choice. Not sure at what stage in game, gear status, etc, but i do know there are a lot of resources to manage a warrior in RG website with a huge INI library. If you have decent AC augs farmed a warrior can serve you well. Also, Warrior will need less AA's but still depends on gear and AC augs. Sic and CWTN working on a Pally plugin, they also have a mature one for Warrior class.

PAL/SHM/BRD/BST/BER/ROG is a super solid group. Never mind about the AA grind of classes, this is EQ. You will always have a grind of some sort, you might as well embrace it. Both PAL/SHM can get rez sticks, the healing capability of 2 extra classes in a pinch (PAL/BST), buffs, slows, etc. You are definitely set with that group, plus CWTNPaladin - one of their best ever IMHO. Worth every penny and then some.

I've used both at Level 120 w/ max AA. Retired my Warrior once the Paladin CWTN plugin was released. For group content the Paladin has a far more valuable skill set. If I was participating in Raid content then I'd consider the Warrior. Hope that helps.

Note - Re-rolling the group Tank means having to re-gear and revisit all of the special AAs for trophies and special achievements for Hero's Fortitude etc. It is a significant time investment.

So I rolled a Pally/Shm/Rog/Ber group today. I already have a 110 bard box on my mages account that Ill wait for the crew to catch up to, and Ill just use the BST on both groups, no reason to have 2 bsts on one account. Pally was the first class I really enjoyed when i started playing back in 2001 so I decided to roll one. If in the end I decide I would rather have the SK they are on the same account so I can swap them easily. Yea it will be a big investment to roll a fresh tank, but gotta have something to do lol. I always enjoy rolling new toons so we will see if i stick with it. I have a merc tank and cleric in group so things are going by super quickly.

I use both in my current melee group. War/Shm/Brd/Pal/Rogx2. The War is the MT and the Pal provides buffs. Heals, battle Rez , etc. with the last few expansions there is a lot of humanoids and undead. The Pal has great dps and I just let him roll with a big 2 hander. The 2 rogues can proc alliance since the War and Bard have poison potions. It’s my favorite group.

I personally like the Warrior vs the Paladin. The Pally can heal and tank ok, but the Warrior can tank easier and does more dps, unless undead. I go with Warrior, Shaman, Bard and 3 Rouges if I was you. A BL and/or Ranger help with dps and buffs if you want less Rouges,

best part of a pally vrs war pally at high end is great you can pair pally and a shaman have all buffs you want..
pally slay is amazing
also in a pinch pally can battle rez if no clicky stick for shaman

war are great dps in any situation less gear needed to be effective.
war you can pair with bst and a cleric best of all worlds for buff's
in a group situation either can be lethal depends on how your group make up is looking

personally i run pally shaman ranger bard rogue zerk

or war cleric bst bard and diff dps depending on what i am doing

Hi guys. My caster team has been running great but I’m thinking about running a melee group starting from level 1 just for the fun of it. I’m thinking tank/shm/brd/bst/x/x where x is rog/rog or ber/ber (leaning ber/ber because I’ve never had one and I like the idea of the class) My question is is there a benefit to either a war or a pally?

I love my SK but man that’s a lot of AA to grind out. I know the shaman also has 70K+ but I’m not sure I can do it mentally. Besides I already have an sk. So war vs pally, is there a benefit to one over the other with this group?
Go warrior, bard, enc, cleric and 2x whatever dps. Pallies that talk about rezzing:healing are just monks in plate pretending to be clerics. war/enc/cleric is king since launch.

tank GIF

Vah shir war in rl…lol

my sk out does a war anyday lol id go with an sk an forget them others

A well geared Warrior with that kind of adps will not only tank well, but probably do the most damage too.

Mine with a shm/bard/bst/zerk averages close to 1.5 million dps all day long
i do duble that with a mage bst sk bard shammy . ya only 5 toons i run and do 3m plus on average group totals , no raid gear but all aa on every toon done ...

Question - Benefits of war vs pal with melee team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back