• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Before starting my first macro... (1 Viewer)

laugil

RedCents
I am playing 4 boxes with real eq macros.
I took a look at the slipgear macro and would like to take the idea of events to make react my characters.

I am playing SK, Cleric, Druid, Echanter.

I'm playing the SK by myself and want to say things in the group channel to make other character to cast the good spell, ...

But how can I say to the macro to read the group channel ?

#event HEALTANK "#*#HEAL TANK#*#"

Or this command listen all the channel ?

Thanks

if you look at those macros.. you can .. have the cleric heal the tank at certain % HP .. which would prob be better than waiting for a tell .... there is auto slowing by enc... and auto mez for adds...

doing that by myself i can learn.. using something else is easier but will not help me to learn.

But i ll take a look at that and see if i cant understand...

Very simple example of how to catch group chatter..
#1# is simply a wildcard which will be returned in the Event subroutine as Param1 (or in the case of the example Toon).
I'm just doing a simple /echo in the subroutine, but you could do just about anything allowed within the macro.
Rich (BB code):
#Event GroupMsg "#1# tells the group, '#2#'"
Sub Event_GroupMsg(string Line, string Toon, string Msg)
    /echo ${Toon} said '${Msg}' in the group.
/return

If I remember correctly the first arg passed to any sub is the entire line. Then any args after it are the ones you declare with #1#, #2#, etc. So if you use passed args to a sub, it automatically has to have something for the line first before any user args.

That...confused me.

Yes, the first param is the entire line.

So, lets say you wanted an event that triggered when something hits you that would echo what hit you and how much it for you for. Lets say Bob hits you for 20 points.

Rich (BB code):
#event example "#1# hits you for #2# points"

Sub event_example(string line, string Mob, int damage)
/echo ${Mob}
/echo ${damage}
/echo ${line}
/return

That would output

Rich (BB code):
Bob
Bob hits you for 20 points

Before starting my first macro...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back