• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Beastlord weapon choice question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
785¢
Not sure it makes much difference anymore but anyone playing 115 level beastlord have recommendations on weapon choices? Looking at infused velium options, but unsure if there is an advantage with what is picked for the class. (type, 1hvs2h, proc etc.)

Not sure it makes much difference anymore but anyone playing 115 level beastlord have recommendations on weapon choices? Looking at infused velium options, but unsure if there is an advantage with what is picked for the class. (type, 1hvs2h, proc etc.)
I always use the mnk/bst specific weapons where I can

since I don't need/want the healing procs from some of the other weapons i use these

I use the Battle Rod and Katar for 1h and h2h and use the battle Staff for the 2h (during vindication)

I use the 1h/h2h outside of vindication and the 2h during.

I talk about this a little bit in the mq2bst vid

1596208170988.png
1596208184577.png

Thanks Sic, I will also check out the vid! I have been happy with CWTN's War and Monk products and I am considering the Beast one too.
The BST plugin is amazing. You’ll love it, especially if you’ve used the other plugins.

To answer the original question, my set up is the same as Sic’s, minus the swap during vindication (mostly because I’m too lazy to actually pay attention...).

Sic, does the plugin swap weapons for us? Am I missing a utility here? That’d be awesome!

The BST plugin is amazing. You’ll love it, especially if you’ve used the other plugins.

To answer the original question, my set up is the same as Sic’s, minus the swap during vindication (mostly because I’m too lazy to actually pay attention...).

Sic, does the plugin swap weapons for us? Am I missing a utility here? That’d be awesome!
Yeah plugin swaps for you.. these plugins are amazing. Looking forward to chanter one, and hoping for a Necro one maybe in future

yes, you just need a bandolier set that has a 1h or h2h in it AND a bandolier set that has a 2h and "usebandoswap" turned on. during vindication it will swap to using the 2hander

yes, you just need a bandolier set that has a 1h or h2h in it AND a bandolier set that has a 2h and "usebandoswap" turned on. during vindication it will swap to using the 2hander
So I have two bandolier setups made, one with Ihb and h2h that are monk/bst (called 1h), and one with a monk/bst 2h (called 2h). I picked up CWTN's MQ2Beast and toggled the button for bando swap. Do I need to turn on any other plugin or toggle the button on the actual bandolier that says "auto swap" too or is what I have done all that is required for the exchange to happen when needed automatically?

So I have two bandolier setups made, one with Ihb and h2h that are monk/bst (called 1h), and one with a monk/bst 2h (called 2h). I picked up CWTN's MQ2Beast and toggled the button for bando swap. Do I need to turn on any other plugin or toggle the button on the actual bandolier that says "auto swap" too or is what I have done all that is required for the exchange to happen when needed automatically?
if you just made the bandolier sets, you would want to unload and reload the plugin
you might not actually need the autoswap selected, but that is what i put in the FAQ

Q. What is BandoSwap?
A. BandoSwap will check your bandolier sets for a 1h or h2h set (or combo of those), and check if you have a 2h set (it goes top to bottom in the list, no need to name it specifically).
When you are outside of "Vindication" you will keep using your 1h/h2h set, but during Vindication you will swap to 2h set for those sweet extra melee hits. (You need AutoSwap turned on)

if you just made the bandolier sets, you would want to unload and reload the plugin
you might not actually need the autoswap selected, but that is what i put in the FAQ

Q. What is BandoSwap?
A. BandoSwap will check your bandolier sets for a 1h or h2h set (or combo of those), and check if you have a 2h set (it goes top to bottom in the list, no need to name it specifically).
When you are outside of "Vindication" you will keep using your 1h/h2h set, but during Vindication you will swap to 2h set for those sweet extra melee hits. (You need AutoSwap turned on)
Will do, appreciate the prompt response and patience with my questions as always!

Question - Beastlord weapon choice question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back