• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

BattleGrounds Cheats and Honor Farming (1 Viewer)

DrZap

RedCents
First subject: BG Cheats

Before I send a GM message, I want to float this past the good RedGuys:

I was in BG yesterday. I have leveled my Dwarf Hunter to lvl30 and was kicking some serious Horde Butt.

But... They had a mage with some AWESOME powers. His Arcane Missles were cast from halfway across the field and doing damage in a HUGE radius. His effective range was thrice mine. One time, he was just inside the green Alliance zone and hit me with an Arcane shot as I entered our building.

Question: Was that a cheat, or is there something about Troll Mage capacity that I am unaware of?

I also found the same mage totally immune to my frost trap, concussive shot and mana draining shots. It was UnGodly. WHAT THE FUCK, OVER?

====================================================

Next subject: Honor Farming

The last battle of the day was a total joke. They were out on a killing spree with no concern for the game. When it finally ended, there were 5 Horde players with over 100 killing blows. I was the highest rated Alliance player with a measly 47 KB's. [BTW, I was also the most dead Alliance player with 25 Corpse runs.]

The kicker of it is, WE WON!! With all those dead foes [us], why didn't the CowBoys just waltz into our flag room and take a leisurely stroll to the win?

Now, I know enough arithmetic to know that 25 corpse runs time 10 players is far less than 100 killing blows time 5 players.

Without needing an explanation of the numbers, I posted this for comment on the goons driving the Horde side. What is the point? Is it the win or the kill?

Should a player start to loose Honor points the 25th or 30th time he ganks the same soft target?

It appears to me that the point scoring system is optimized for something other than victory. Guess it is time to copy a character to the Test Realms and try out Alterac Valley!!

in response to your honor farming....there is a BIG difference between kills and honor points...the thing that decided your rank is your contribution points..not your honor kills...points are determined by rank/level/times killed/bunch of other stuff...and on the 5th kill of the same person 0 0contrib points are given

ex:

player a kills 7 diff horde gets 7HKs and 700 Contrib points
player b kills 4 diff horde, and 1 horde 3 times gets 7 HKS but only 625 con points....

let me see if I understand. On the 5th kill, no honor, right? You didn't state it exactly, but your numbers imply the following:
1st kill => 100 pts.
2nd kill => 75 pts.
3rd kill => 50 pts.
4th kill => 25 pts.
5th kill => sorry charlie

Do I have that correct?

Therefore, since the other side has 10 players, if I kill each of them 4 times, I can earn no more honor for the rest of the session, right? Only honor left is if your side wins.

ergo, if your side is way behind, after your 40th kill, you are maxed out, so hearth out and let the computer replace you with some fresh blood. That would explain why I was once added to a battle in mid term. I materialized in our flag room and was immediately vaporized by a Tauren warrior. I didn't even get a chance to look around. Good luck for the CowBoy, not so good for me.

Did I get the message, Creed?

that is what i was implying (but those are not the actual numbers...i just used examples...but yes....5th kill...not points)(the actualy method of figuring points takes into effect your level/rank, the person you killed level/rank, how much damage you did to them...and on and on and on...)

you got the message (the only thing is in the BGs there is more ways to get honor than just you killing...you get 'bonus' honor and stuff....

Sir Creed,

Man, share the details of the honor calculations. There are a few of us who can do chain calculations and statistics and stuff. Let us in on the secrets.

I just hate it when someone who knows the skinny keeps it to themselves. Give me a way to determine for myself how to optimize my experiences. I want the lowdown so I can make the system work FOR me not against me. Why all the secrecy?

OK, apparently most do not hold my disgust for the farce of BG ranks.

BTW, my son took his lvl 45 Warlock to BG for a 8 minute waltz, the Horde only had 4 players and only one Alliance player was ever killed. In 8 minutes, the 'Lock accumulated 895 Honor points on 44 HK's (diminishing return on the 4 Hordies, Creed?)

I took my lvl 30 Hunter 8 times last week. Accumulated 459 HK's. Ended up with almost 900 honor points.

WTF, I spent 12-15 hours, contributing all the way, to get the same honor that my kid gets in 8 minutes? Where is the justice?

OK, I promise not to vent any more.

However, if you look at the thread heading, you will see that the Honor thing was second. The issue that really has my shorts in a knot is the issue of Cheats.

How the HELL did that Troll Mage shoot Arcane missles from the middle of the BG all the way to the door of the Alliance flag room? Is that possible? Is there some Troll racial bonus that gives them ranged control over the entire field of battle? Or, is it just possible that SLUR (character's name, Lightbringer server) has some extra's that the GM crowd would frown on?

Folks, I really want to know if I have blown things out of proportion. If the Troll mages have that much legitimate range, I will abandon ALL my other characters and do Troll mages exclusively, the damage SLUR did was simply Awesome. If it is legit, I want in!!!

lol trust me...troll mages dont have super godlike power like that...as for the extremely long range...lag MIGHThave something to do with it..not sure..you would know best..as for the high damage...well...mages ROXXOR but other than that...you sure he belonged in that group? he could have been a higher lvl sneaked into that BG by one of the other horde

Lag: Not likely. I was using my super, high-octane, ginned-up, turbo-charged, made-for-gaming computer. It allows me to run in circles [and duel if I were so minded] in the IF Auction house. Never seen lag except for the Blizzard overload kind.

Higher level: Possibly, but isn't that of itself a cheat?

Any other explanations which would defeat my using the C word?

yea..the higher lvl thing is a cheat...but i know of NO way some mage can chunk arcane missles from so far away unless they were doing some major hacking or something

BattleGrounds Cheats and Honor Farming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back