• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Basic MQ2 boxing guidance needed (and three-box suggestions as a bonus) (1 Viewer)

cingred

RedCents
322¢
I've never really boxed before (after well more than a decade playing EQ) - I want to change that, thus my sub here. I've created three level 1 toons on a server I've never played on before. I'm starting out in the tutorial zone. How do I do basic stuff like having each of them target a quest NPC, hail that NPC, accept the task/quest, or do hand-ins, etc., without alt-tabbing to each screen each time? Is that possible with macros? I basically want to mirror what my main toon does on the other 2 boxes with regard to quest NPC interactions. Also, is there a plugin/command that works better than auto-follow? I think it's called /stick or something?

Also, this will be a much more controversial question, but what is the best (most powerful/capable) 3 box, if I plan to play with 3 mercs (for a full group) all the time? I would like a real tank (not a pet tank), but other than that, I'm open to any combo as long as it has a great combo of DPS and flexibility - ports would also be nice, so I'm thinking a wiz and/or druid will be part of the mix. Keep in mind I will be using KissAssist, and any of the other various MQ2 plugins avail here (if I can ever figure out how to set them up and use them). I currently have 3 accounts - 2 of them are silver, and one FTP - One silver is currently all access. With KissAssist, I suppose I could possibly add a 4th account, if that'll make a significant difference. It just seems so overwhelming having to put thought into four characters simultaneously (or maybe I really won't have to do that much at all with KA).

Last edited:
You wont need to do that much, from the Kissassist standpoint. I've leveled 10 toons 1-80 now with just kissassist. Full groups, half groups, etc, and i've only been using it maybe 2 months.

I like SK right now due to the fact that i can easily swarm plvl someone else if i want another toon.
Enchanter is a must if you're going to do any sort of AFK boxing, a bard can handle it too, but in my opinion the Ench handles it so much better.
Then some kind of pure dps class. Mage is nice as a fallback tank. There are some mq2melee downshits for a mage or holyshits for a beastlord i've been toying with to turn pet taunt on if my MT dies and it has saved group more than once.

Then you can decide if you need in combat rez. If you do? Just use autocleric and add a fourth ftp cleric account, throw it a Krono around 95-100 and you should be all set. Throw two wizzy mercs in there and the XP will just fly, but really the difference between running 4 and 6 isn't all that much. I started off running 4 and now I run six. There's not a whole lot of difference other than the fact that i'm gearing 6 toons.

Good Question, I think the silence is a bit telling. I am guessing most dont care about running same quests on multiple toons when you can afk box your toons on up and it probably trivializes the quest xp???

Anyways, if there is a way to do that it might be interesting...

Thanks for the question and the reply, got me thinking a bit.

Regards,

My understanding is it's fairly easily done with something like ISBoxer (mirroring mouse movements/clicks/etc.), but I figured anything with MQ2 would be much more robust in that regard.

Look into MQ2EQBC, and getting all your guys set up using that.. read through the MQ2EQBC section in the plugins heading.

Then, once you get all your guys connected, you can issue commands to all your toons via one toon's window.. ie your tank.. so from his window you can issue commands to the other toons such as:

/bcg //target Questnpc ; all your guys except the one you are sending the command from will target the name of whoever your telling them to target
/bcg //say Hail ; they all then /say Hail or whatever you decide to put in there for quest trigger text

/bcga //target questnpc ; ALL toons will now target quest npc , including the one you are typing the commands from
/bcga //say Accept ; all toons including your current one you are sending the command from will say 'accept' to whomever is targeted

theres a ton of commands you can do with this.. but the base structure is:
/bca - tells all toons connected to eqbc server
/bcaa - tells all toons connected to server, including you
/bcg - tells all toons connected and in your grp
/bcga - tells all toons connected and in your grp, including you
/bct targettoonname - tells specific toon command

its a super tool, but you'll need to run the external MQ2ECBS.exe program that resides in the MQ release folder, as well as set up the ini when you load the plugin (which is done via /plugin mq2ecbs)

lots of great examples of things ppl use this for as well, so definitely take the time to search through the forums.. you'll love what you can do.. this isnt AFK, this is boxer quality of life stuff.

Cheers

eqbcs is just as good as iSBoxer. like lor said, just learn the commands and you wont wanna live without them after that. make hotkeys in game, and you are set.

Here is another thread about using EQBC and MQ2Nav to help your whole group do quests. Includes how to do manual item turn-in quests.

SK-Druid-Ench would cover your requirements. If you decide to go with 4, I'd try SK-Clr-Ench-Wiz. MQ2 plays enchanters very well, so you'd never worry about CC on a bad pulls. SK is the most common tank choice, though warrior is a close second if you'd prefer that class.

Also, this will be a much more controversial question, but what is the best (most powerful/capable) 3 box,

I would said either do a 3 group of Bard/War/Cleric and 2 wizzy mercs and a healer for back up or a Sk/Chanter/Wizzy if you want ports, or to hell with it run a 6 box of either a SK or Warrior whichever you prefer at that point, Cleric/Chanter/wiz/wiz/wiz

Look into MQ2EQBC, and getting all your guys set up using that.. read through the MQ2EQBC section in the plugins heading.

Then, once you get all your guys connected, you can issue commands to all your toons via one toon's window.. ie your tank.. so from his window you can issue commands to the other toons such as:

/bcg //target Questnpc ; all your guys except the one you are sending the command from will target the name of whoever your telling them to target
/bcg //say Hail ; they all then /say Hail or whatever you decide to put in there for quest trigger text

/bcga //target questnpc ; ALL toons will now target quest npc , including the one you are typing the commands from
/bcga //say Accept ; all toons including your current one you are sending the command from will say 'accept' to whomever is targeted

theres a ton of commands you can do with this.. but the base structure is:
/bca - tells all toons connected to eqbc server
/bcaa - tells all toons connected to server, including you
/bcg - tells all toons connected and in your grp
/bcga - tells all toons connected and in your grp, including you
/bct targettoonname - tells specific toon command

its a super tool, but you'll need to run the external MQ2ECBS.exe program that resides in the MQ release folder, as well as set up the ini when you load the plugin (which is done via /plugin mq2ecbs)

lots of great examples of things ppl use this for as well, so definitely take the time to search through the forums.. you'll love what you can do.. this isnt AFK, this is boxer quality of life stuff.

Cheers

I have a hotkey created to have all my boxes target whatever I'm targeting quickly. Super handy for quest NPCs or Translocation NPCs :)

/bca //target id ${Target.ID}

Question - Basic MQ2 boxing guidance needed (and three-box suggestions as a bonus)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back