• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Basic Help (1 Viewer)

dobey

RedCents
10¢
I have searched here and the MQ2 site for the last 2 hours trying to find a basic macro code writeup with no luck. I want to get into writing my own macros but just cant find a basic list of commands used in macros and a definition of the command. I know, I know every post I found asking this question gets the typical look at others work, and steal what you need to piece it together, or use the readme file ect. I have the basics down, I am working on a macro to do a mission, and I can get it to get the mission, select the class, and zone in np.

As the macro gets more complex it is getting harder for me to just hack it together and have it work. I really need to know things like the basic order (layout) of the macro, a good explanation of events, using if statements, selecting from a list of say 5 possible subs based on circumstances such as what zone I am in ect. I know these are random questions, and people tend to just say post what you have and maybe someone can fix it ect. Is there just someplace that explains basic macro layout, and the basic commands and not only what they do but when to use them?

ok I am making great progress! thanks so much for all the pointers so far. I am stuck on a minor part now and beat my head against the wall for a while on it.

How do I use an aa ability in a macro? I dont want to get sloppy and make a hotkey and fire that, I would like to use the /alt activate # but how do you find the # for an aa (in this case a monster mission aa)?

I am still not sure what the difference is between using /call name and /goto name? I tried both these versions in my macro and both seemed to do the same thing. Could anyone take a minute and explain what the difference is, and when each should be used?

Rich (BB code):
:buffing
   /alt activate 4076
   /delay 14s
   /if (${Me.Buff[Gift of Temperance].ID}) /goto :done
   /goto :buffing
:done
   /endmac

|---------------------------------------------------------

Sub buffing
   /alt activate 4076
   /delay 14s
   /if (${Me.Buff[Gift of Temperance].ID}) /call done
   /call buffing
Sub done
   /endmac

Make sure that you have /return at the end of every sub.

/goto is used for going places within a sub, /call goes to a different sub. When MQ gets to the /return line in a sub, it returns to whatever sub it was called from (in basic macros, the main one), then goes to the next line of code, as if you had just copied and pasted the code from the sub in where you had called it.

So this would be a decent format to use in a macro, and I labeled it correctly as to what lines would read next?

Rich (BB code):
Main Macro

:part1
   /do some crap
   /call 1

:part2
   /do some more crap
   /call 2

:part3
   /if this is true then /call 3
   /go to :part1
   /return

Sub 1
   /do some crap
   /return
|takes me to Main Macro starting at :part2?

Sub 2
   /do some more crap
   /return
|takes me to Main Macro starting at :part3?

Sub 3
   /do stuff here
   /return
|takes me to Main Macro starting at :part3 line 2?

ok another question. Does this look like it would work? I am trying to fire abilities without using any stupid timers.

Rich (BB code):
:Abilities
      /if (${Me.AbilityReady[Kick]}) {
         /Kick
      }
      /if (${Me.AbilityReady[Taunt]}) {
         /Taunt
      }
      /if (${Me.AbilityReady[Provoke]}) {
         /alt activate 4206
         /delay 2s
      }
      /if (${Me.AbilityReady[Lesion]}) {
         /alt activate 1055
         /delay 2s
      }
      /if (${Me.AbilityReady[Hamstring]}) {
         /alt activate 1054
         /delay 2s
      }
/return

Thanks Z, fixxed that. I want to add a line at the bottom of that to do a check for attack on, and loop it while attack is on. Is this right?

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Me.Attack[On]}) goto :Abilities

Basic Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back