• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard won't stop singing (1 Viewer)

Creedy

September 10th, 2023
RIP
RedCents
70¢
No matter what I do when I mqp or /end my Bard won't stop singing can that be fixed

Hey Creedy, this is due to mq2twist (kiss uses this plugin)

For your bard's end and mqp hotkeys add another line /twist end and that will end your twist.

Have a great day!

Right now I am using 3 simple hotkeys.

Start
/bca //tar <name>
/bca //mac kissassist

Stop
/bcaa //end kissassist

Pause (toggle)
/bcaa //mqp

Does /twist have a simple on/off toggle I can add in? or what is the best way to go about this? The bard is annoying me because I don't camp in a single spot. I like doing missions and he just keeps freelancing with his songs. It's frustrating to the point I want to ditch him but I want to keep the buffs.

I had this issue as well. I went into the .ini and turned off posted below:

TwistOn=0
TwistMed=0
TwistWhat=0

I left this section untouched

MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat=1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll rear
UseMQ2Melee=1
FaceMobOn=1
AutoFireOn=0
TargetSwitchingOn=0

This allows me to only sing while in combat. The reason for this change was that my bard had a bad habit of trying to sing while I am invis and moving my team resulting in massive unintended pulls. The cleric had the same issue with buffing and changes were made to the .ini to fix that as well. Also if you are not already download notapd++ makes working with the .ini files much cleaner. If you are just looking for a quick temp fix the
/twist off or /twist pause should work fine for you.

I don't have twist set up on my bard. Left it all default. He will use melody or /twist and twist off shuts him up. Today i going to see if he will use his aoe mez when using /meldoy and /tiwst.

Question - Bard won't stop singing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back