• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Bard Kiting Spots (1 Viewer)

Dorambo

RedCents
316¢
Hello everyone. Haven't posted in a while.

Any ideas on bard kiting spots from level 1? On Live*

Also planning a solo run. Any must have bard macros?

Is Unrest > LoIO>FV>..... still viable to 50, but I only know most classic zones. Where can bards go to get to higher levels kiting?

Thanks!

dots while moving got nerfed ages and ages ago, im not even sure that is really a viable (as in better than alternatives) method these days

Hello everyone. Haven't posted in a while.

Any ideas on bard kiting spots from level 1? On Live*

Also planning a solo run. Any must have bard macros?

Is Unrest > LoIO>FV>..... still viable to 50, but I only know most classic zones. Where can bards go to get to higher levels kiting?

Thanks!
You are better to box a Cleric or get a Merc Cleric and grind the old fashion DPS way.

You could probably do some charm kiting and reverse charm kiting. AE dots were nerfed but I think regular chants still work while moving? so there is another optional method. Any place with open space and mobs that don't summon would do the trick.

Could follow your same route but jump into PoNightmare/PoDisease in your 50s and follow it through to PoValor > Halls of Honor > Plane of fire> Icefall Glacier> Loping Plains > Field of scale > HoT> Sarith field

Without any AA, FTP toons are weaker than mercs.

But 115 A5 cleric merc heals just fine, and the rogue merc is doing about 50k dps. That is not a lot, but its free.
I disagree. FTP mercs are terrible. So with a bard you have what? Healer merc with bard "tanking" or a tank merc with no healer? So to have a tank and a healer you need another toon. There comes in FTP craptastic merc unless you sub that toon. Might as well make a group,level them up, pop a krono for autogrant, and leave them FTP after that. Can do 1 toon at a time for AA or all at once.

I disagree. FTP mercs are terrible. So with a bard you have what? Healer merc with bard "tanking" or a tank merc with no healer? So to have a tank and a healer you need another toon. There comes in FTP craptastic merc unless you sub that toon. Might as well make a group,level them up, pop a krono for autogrant, and leave them FTP after that. Can do 1 toon at a time for AA or all at once.

I just argued, that a A5 is superior to a toon limited to 250(ftp)/1000(silver) AA - given one does not krono and autogrant the toon.

Best Bang for the buck is krono+autogrant at 110/115 (depending on how badly one needs the toon as active part of the crew and your options in powerleveling the new toon).

I know you argued and I tried to explain your error in logic. I was going to let it go but people might actually rhink you are giving good advice. So here goes a different way.

To keep your "better" merc it has to be from a subbed toon.. A subbed toon is better than any merc. Why not just sub a toon one time with autogrant and save money or Krono giving you something better AND ftp? Mercs are crap unless you pay but even then they are crap compared to a real char with even autogrant AA. Then you max the AA and even better.

Mercs are for people without MQ. Once you have MQ mercs don't make sense as you get far more control with far greater dps, tanking, healing, utility,...

Discussion - Bard Kiting Spots

Users who are viewing this thread

Back