• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - Bard Help (1 Viewer)

dulak

RedCents
794¢
Ok guys. I have a silver account with 18/20. On this account I'm leveling a bard. He has an AA cap of 1k, cannot use prestige gear and can't use gear from RoF or CoTF due to not having the expansions (unless that rule doesn't apply). I'll solely be using him for his buffs. So I guess, what I'm wanting are suggestions for gear, AA and song lineup (will be a bot via KA). Thanks all.

Get all the activated AA that you can at least to rank 1. Fade of course. Quick Time, Fierce Eye are your group money makers. Group invis + selos + at least level 1 bellow, or better level 3 + vainglorious shout. Some mana regen is important so you dont run out twisting aria. Caco and Funeral dirge are nice for named but they get pricey and 1k might not be enough. Youll need natural durability, runspeed, some defensives. Honestly, I would just go gold for 1 month and take an autogrant. Bards really need 4-5k to get a dent into not being mana sponges while still providing max dps.

Songs for most groups use:
1. Arcane Hymn (melee and caster proc)
2. Warsong (haste + atk)
3. Pulse (mana/end/hp regen + heal boost)
4. Aria (overhaste + boosted damage)

and as aura use the mana/end/hp regen aura.

In a couple months (or whenever they get around to releasing next expansion) you will be able to take him to 100 and use RoF gear when new expansion unlocks. Bazaar gear until then.

Well, I can make plat easy enough now. First time I can honestly say that lol. So grabbing a Krono will be cake. And I'm guessing you consider Abstruse to be Bazaar gear? I'm pretty sure that's the highest gear he can wear.

At level 85 he will be able to use the VOA Armor, and all the components are BAZ purchased other than the 2 components that are NPC purchased. I have several Silver accounts and I am using the VOA armor. Not sure if they can use the ROF or COTF until I get them to a higher level.

To my knowledge, since I don't have RoF on the account, which also means I don't have CoTF, I can't use RoF trash drops.

Last edited:
I would also just get VoA chest for the clicky. You can get them fairly cheap now i wouldnt even farm them I think i seen the chest as low as 10k - 20k. I would also suggest going gold for a month and grind out as many AA as possible, because its good to have your defensive aa as high as possible. If your twisting between combat, more than likely your going to get smacked and die.

Just an FYI you can also use RoF Weapons, Ranged, Ears, Rings, Face, Shoulder, Back etc. these are non prestige and since you dont have to physically go there to get them, (IE the armor) you can farm with your crew or buy off auction house. Again, these are cheap and you can get most of them sub 20k.

Request - Bard Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back