• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Banned (1 Viewer)

blasphin

RedCents
I have been on sleeper since it came out.
I have not done much of anything there as far as cheats go. I have gated home, used noencumber and envirofall, I warped a couple times in the last few weeks. I did use piggyzone a few times as well. They may have been watching for me, I don't know. I dont use macro's and I don't do anything afk.
I went to log in tonight and it said account was banned. wouldn't let me log into the server.
It said to contact customer service, So I mailed a note to ask about it.
we will see what happens. after 5 plus years online would hate to start over lol. but if I have to I will.
Just wanted to let folks know.
Have a good night.

From what i've gathered the GMs are watching these servers hard.

Things to note if piggyzoneing you may want to edit where you pop in the zone at. They are watching the defualt places.
/gating I would consider pretty safe.
/warping I would use if noone in zone.
Past that I think these servers are locked down so much I'd not use piggyzone.

I should say was suspended. still waiting on a response.
I just play at this point. don't belong to any guilds yet.
I will watch that if I get back in.
I will play nice for a while just to be sure :)

First time any of my accounts has had any action taken against it because of something I did. I am a fairly cautious user. I got the suspension pop up last night. :P

My guess is it was piggy that got me in trouble.

blasphin said:
after 5 plus years online would hate to start over lol. but if I have to I will.
Anyone else find this statement kind of funny considering he got suspended on the progression server and basically he just started over?

:( at what happened though.

plink

How would one go about editing the piggyback defaults, I would think it would make sense to make this common knowledge since to more people edit the defaults the harder it is for folks to get nailed. especially using from guildhall. I see so many folks pop into guild hall its not funny same for PoK...sorry if this is a noob question.

Thanks

adol said:
How would one go about editing the piggyback defaults, I would think it would make sense to make this common knowledge since to more people edit the defaults the harder it is for folks to get nailed. especially using from guildhall. I see so many folks pop into guild hall its not funny same for PoK...sorry if this is a noob question.

Thanks

add a default= entry in the appropriate zone sub-section of piggyzone.ini. Locs to use are up to you.

or.. while in the zone and at the point you want to make the main zone in-

Rich (BB code):
/zone setwp default

So, just to be clear.... all I have to do is (/zone setwp default), and that will save as the new zone in point when I piggy through that zone??

Thank you for the help guys your great. Just trying to be smart about using these tools.

Peace

woohoo :) not banned after all. just suspended. just recieved the email...

Greetings,

I regret to inform you that your account has been suspended for the use of an EverQuest game client hack. Your characters have been witnessed either warping across zones or warping from zone to zone without traveling. Cheats and Hacks will not be tolerated in EverQuest. Your account has been suspended for a period of 7 to 10 days. If / When your account is released from its suspension any further violation of our rules and policies can lead to the closure of your account.

If you have any inquiries about this action you are welcome to send an email through our knowledge base email system at http://www.station.com/kb and click the email support option tab at the top.

Melanie Lara
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melanie Lara
GM-Lydrea ~~ EverQuest!

[email protected]

As far as starting over earlier I meant losing the things I had on other servers. I play on 5 different servers now since I started on progression. I have my highest at 62 on Druzzil. others have 50's in them.

I am enjoying the progression server since it is like starting over although we have the knowedge to make money and know our way around. it's been a long time since we had to do everything from scratch :) I still will go back and play other folks and see other friends on all the servers. I would rather not start over everywhere :)

Anyways, I will see how long til I actually get back in. In the mean time I have a second account started so I didnt lose any play time. YES I am addicted lol more's the pity...

Have a good day/night where ever you are.

I got suspended for using /Gate, This is not safe to use. I logged in to kill a mob and used /gate and nothing else suspened right away.

Hmmm... I use the /gate command on a regular basis... Just not in front of or around anyone else (usually I am the only one in the zone when I use it).

I was the only one in zone but when i got to my bind point, there was a GM in zone and then he left. Then i was suspened without a talking too.

Was prolly invis and saw you. One of those freak times they check logs cause it looks funny. Like when you bind in an odd place and it looks like you warped. Or maybe he just had a bad day and decided to get someone.

There is also the case you account was flaged and he was watching you and your logs the whole time. I hope you get your account back

.... are you a non caster? if not then start to cast a spell *if you are not a caster get a clicky item that takes 5-10sc to cast and 4 sc in use /gate that should help out alittle.

Gate is a tough one. There's no casting emote or animation so it's easy to spot someone that's used it. You stick out like a sore thumb and there's really no other explanation for how you got from Point A to Point B half a world away if you're a non-gater.
.... are you a non caster? if not then start to cast a spell *if you are not a caster get a clicky item that takes 5-10sc to cast and 4 sc in use /gate that should help out alittle.
GMs (even the lowest level guides) can see exactly what spell you cast. Their spell awareness tells them: So and so begins to cast (Enter Exact Spell name of Choice). They don't need server side logs to nail you. it's right there on their screen.

So using a clickie or casting another spell won't really cover you. In fact it will make it worse. Explain how clicking your Coldain ring got you to your bind?

someoneorsomething said:
I usually cast gate potion and 5 seconds in hit enter. Dont know if it helps but its my tin foil hat
That would prolly be the only way you'd get away with it. The fractional delay difference can be explained away by lag.

BTW nice hat ya got there. Reynolds? or Alcoa? :P

Looks like they're going through server logs on Combine. 4 accounts suspended 10 days minimum for "Using warp hacks to travel across zones since July 1st".

Fun!

*Edit* Suspensions carried out over a couple day window. Oddly enough, happened in alphabetical order except for 1, but they're pretty close letters.

well got the account back online. everyone I had on sleeper over level 1 is missing. that leaves me 2 characters at level 1. I checked the other servers and nobody was bothered. they all seem to be there and they were the right level. I didnt check to see if everyone had gear on them but they looked fine at the character select screen.
So I guess they decided I couldnt have earned anything on sleeper and took away my characters. even tho I did all the work in mastering brewing and smithing etc, I did get caught or seen during piggy zone.
I am working on smithing again with a new character. The names I had used on the ones gone are not available now :( I am not going to petition to get them back lol

ohohem said:
Looks like they're going through server logs on Combine. 4 accounts suspended 10 days minimum for "Using warp hacks to travel across zones since July 1st".

Fun!

*Edit* Suspensions carried out over a couple day window. Oddly enough, happened in alphabetical order except for 1, but they're pretty close letters.

Where do you get this info from? I left on vacation for a week and came back to a suspension a few days ago. Curious when/if mine will be reactivated.

Bumping this with a question... since after I searched the forums I didn't find a forum that seemed to fit well with what I wanted...

... Looking through all the most recent bannings and the things that seem to get people spanked the most, I got curious. It looks like afk macros that warp or piggy around a lot, or that get tasks over and over and warp around in them are the things that people get hit for pretty often. This sort of makes sense to me, but with the frequency that folks seem to do these types of things, I'm hesitant to say that the majority ever see a suspension or banning. It's probably just the unlucky minority, imo.

My real question is: in light of all these bannings and attention from GMs, how safe would you say the straight-up kiting macros in HoH, Vxed, FH, etc, etc are? I know HoH has the added danger of being seen by a PC, but for instances like vxed, fh, etc it seems like that would be less of an issue. It's just 6 hours where you can kite and kite and kite and just make exp without having to use a ton of very overt plugins or "hacks". **edit** I would also add that the macros aren't like the super vxed macro thats listed on this site either... they have to be manually restarted and all of that every so often. The actual macro would simply do things like run the guy in a circle, target, twist, etc... not even enough time to loot anything.

... what is the general opinion of people on this?

Well, ok. Here's my stance to answer your question. I know a guy who kites in an instance and never gets caught. Something that is a massive XP macro is going to get you in some hot water and maybe even lead to a ban. Kiting, I'm convinced is not as dangerous so long as you don't have someone seeing you run a perfect circle. As far as recent bannings, there's no telling if they're going to ban tomorrow or ban 4 months from now.

In the experience of the more senior posters here... have you guys seen any difference in bannings for people who macro (kite macro and the like... not super warping stuff or ghostkilling) while at the computer vs. folks who afk exp? I'm watching the comp most of the time I'm doing it, so thats why I'm curious.

nope just depends on the GMs mood. I afk macro /warp /gate /zone and do it on 2 accounts. Got suspended for 7 days like a year ago, but thats about it. If you get a GM that has it out for hackers, your screwed.

O just for info, to you guys using a bot in the Bazaar, I left my toon up in Bazaar, and saw in the box serveral GM warnings. I was not in bot mode so no biggy guess I got lucky. But I noticed a GM there several days in a row. Just FYI

Banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back