• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Banned for no reason (1 Viewer)

seek&destroy

RedCents
Alright, this is some total bullshit.

I recieved a 7-10 day suspension recently. They unsuspended me on the 10th day, and let me play for a week - long enough to register DoDH and pay for 6 months of EQ.

Now, randomly today, I log on and... banned. for no reason.

I haven't loaded MQ since pre-suspension. What these people have just done is criminal, because I was unsuspended, had not loaded MQ (or even downloaded new MQ! I quit using it for good after suspension......) and now I'm banned...

What's the number to call SoE please?

they decided to ban you they can claim they made a mistake releaseing the account from suspension nothing criminal about it.

They reviewed your case further and saw that you should have been banned, done. Nothing criminal about getting a ban for cheating.

1-858-537-0898 is account/billing. Not sure if they can do anything with bans. I belive email is only way to contact about banned chars. Hope you paid for those six months by credit card. Just call your cards CS department and dispute the charge.

*Edit*
I sent a very polite email to SoE today stating simply that my 10day suspension was that day, and I would like to play again, simply stated I'd like to pay them for 6 months and register the copy of DoDH I have on my desk, and put a 6month on my other account.

Maybe they read this and figured they could bleed that last bit of money out of you.

What I'd do, if the account is permanently banned and you paid for everything on your credit card, is charge back EVERYTHING you paid SoE. That's the only way you can get back at their asses, and apparently it's legal considering people do it to them all of the time.

Most Credit companies will only let you charge back between 2 and 5 items a year. Since most people have EverQuest billed monthly you could only get a couple months. Anyone who claims they were able to get there Credit card company to give them years of fees ,charged monthly, back is either lieing or has family in the billing department of that company. I know everyone says there going to sue SOE but you might actually have a strong point. You sent them an email with your intent to upgrade and pay six months and your account was unsuspended and then poof like magic banned just after you gave them money. It smells of fraud but I seriously doubt you could prove it or even get a lawyer interested.

*edit*
Ok I can't say for fact they must be lieing, but I have never seen first hand someone getting years worth of monthly charges back. It's always the old friend of a friend's kid knows a guy who got away with it.

shit, that would be *rough amount due to changes in fees* almost $1300 if you payed every month for 7 years. Plus more if you had more than 1 account during those 7 years. if you can, do it..

Alright, this is some total bullshit.

I recieved a 7-10 day suspension recently. They unsuspended me on the 10th day, and let me play for a....

Same exact case for me, except it was only 2-3 days playing again and reban when I was home from school. No afk macro'ing or anything, I was just getting back into eq, checking friends lists etc, buffing in PoK.....

this has nothing to do with the banning thing but sony is also making a program that has a Rootkit (lets them take over your computer) to make sure you're not copying any info of theirs or something like that and if u try to uninstall this rootkit, the program will prevent you from playing cds on windows at all! notice, the rootkit lets them take over your computer (hint hint, spyware) which you could sue them for -.- just throwin this out there

Sony made that mistake once, but I am sure they are ballsy enough to try it at least twice.....So I don't doubt its possible...though some of what you say may be exaggerated.
In either case, this wasn't the cause of the bannings...especially since neither of us have taken any other "illegal activity"

i saw this on the news and thats why some of it may be exaggerated =P but as i said, "this has nothing to do with the banning thing" but oh well.

You can only charge back items like something within 90 days. Check your agreement, or check your last credit card statement.

It normally states the information about charging back payments on the back of the statement. In fact, they normally have a nice little area to work out which payments you want to chargeback, do the totals, then send it back to the credit card company. How nice of them.

Oh, i'll be charging it back. The say the system works with SoE is after a release of your account that decision is supposed to be final. So, them going back after a release of the account, is against their own rules... their rules are there to prevent situations like this from arising.

Anyone know if I do a charge-back for this account, if they'll suspend/ban my other accounts that I pay for on this CC? a 6-month and a DoDH expansion were purchased in the 3 days I was back.

Banned for no reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back