• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Banned & Enchanter Questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
I've been using three level 100 characters with 3 mercenaries and trying to test things out.
Here's a question:

On my Enchanter, I've set the Mez and the AE Mez, seems like those are the only options?
Some questions

1] Can you have two Single Target Mez spells, if so - why is there only a location for 1? (My main spell has a 1 min recast timer and it's level 99, but I have another level 97 spell that I could use if that one is down, so it would help to have both)

2] I've noticed that when a 2nd monster comes into the mix, my enchanter will mez it and won't do anything else to it. In most cases, when you're playing an enchanter and you mez something (Or you mez 5 monsters with AE mez) You always spend the time you have during the mez downtime to slow every single monster you can, so that when the MEZ breaks (If it breaks) or when your team breaks the mez to kill em one by one, they are slowed and are less damaging to you or your party. It seems like the Slow is only used when the monster is being killed. Am I missing something? or is there a way to make sure that during the downtime after a mez Is done, its first job is to slow the mezed mobs, and any other mobs that are fighting or mezed. Wether its 2 monsters and one is mezed, or its 8 monsters and 7 are mezed or not mezzed. The Enchanter doesn't seem to have anyway to slow everything down immediately. It's very important because other then the Mana/Haste buffs, Mez and Slow are the only other major beneficial bonuses of having a chanter around. It only slows the one my team is fighting, and won't try to slow anything else down until my team begins to fight it.

3] One of my main mez spells lasts like minute and a half, so when we have 1 mob we're fighting, and the second is mez'd, once we kill the on we are fighting, KissAssist leaves us to stand there and wait for the mes timer to finish, and sometimes we sit there and wait for a whole minute or more before engaging the mobs even though we're all full of health and mana, and it seems silly (and even obvious to any player watching) that a regular group of players wouldn't break the mez and continue fighting, especially if they are full of health and mana and don't need the downtime, not to mention that as asked in my question #2, the monster doesn't even get slowed during the downtime when all mobs are mezed, and we sit there waiting for mez to break.

4] I always bot, even before I found this place (Awesome bots btw, I love this site and all you guys have done here =]) I would use Macro Express and 3 mercenaries, and 2 or 3 of my characters would keep buffs up, and one primary would be sitting somewhere snare pulling and allowing the mercenaries to do all the work. Now I'm able to actually put in full use against the mobs with this bot stuff. I love it =] I have read that with Vanilla version of kissassist, its very safe and that no one has been banned for botting "while at the keyboard" My question is this; is there a difference between what I was doing with Macro Express (Tab, 1 for snare constant pulls, targeting and snare pulling) I would do this 24/7 for almost a year and a half before I found this, in a weaker zone - now I can actually kill harder stuff because my full group is in full force assist mode.. My question is this: Is what I was doing with Macro express illegal, or any more against the rules or policy then what I am using KissAssist MQ2 for now?

5] Has anyone been deleted for using MQ2? Do they give you a second chance, warning, suspension before completely deleting you accounts?

6] Do they delete your accounts that are using MQ2, or all accounts under your name?

7] Finally, I tend to bot 24/7, even while im sleeping, I really don't think most players even know about the possibility of botting in EverQuest since Redguides MQ2/KISSASSIST seems to be mostly new from 10/2013, and ive been botting for the last 5 days 24/7 and have had maybe five people ask to join my group, of course I never respond cause im no at the keyboard - does this really matter? Do you think its even noticeable? Whos to say its not a group of players just playing by themselves and not being chatty and simply aren't ignoring any questions about joining their group?

Thank you in advance for all your help/answers/opinions. Hope someone can give me some good info.:)
Thanks again!

i dont believe so at least that i know of BUT heres the rub you dont want to be to obvious the fact is if you get enough people yappin about it they will do something and it most likely wont only be to you better a bit less xp in some hidden place imho

1] Can you have two Single Target Mez spells, if so - why is there only a location for 1? (My main spell has a 1 min recast timer and it's level 99, but I have another level 97 spell that I could use if that one is down, so it would help to have both)

I think you are using your fast mez, hence the CD. Just use the normal mez spell and you will be allright, you dont really need the fast mezz spell tbh.

2] I've noticed that when a 2nd monster comes into the mix, my enchanter will mez it and won't do anything else to it. In most cases, when you're playing an enchanter and you mez something (Or you mez 5 monsters with AE mez) You always spend the time you have during the mez downtime to slow every single monster you can, so that when the MEZ breaks (If it breaks) or when your team breaks the mez to kill em one by one, they are slowed and are less damaging to you or your party. It seems like the Slow is only used when the monster is being killed. Am I missing something? or is there a way to make sure that during the downtime after a mez Is done, its first job is to slow the mezed mobs, and any other mobs that are fighting or mezed. Wether its 2 monsters and one is mezed, or its 8 monsters and 7 are mezed or not mezzed. The Enchanter doesn't seem to have anyway to slow everything down immediately. It's very important because other then the Mana/Haste buffs, Mez and Slow are the only other major beneficial bonuses of having a chanter around. It only slows the one my team is fighting, and won't try to slow anything else down until my team begins to fight it.

This will be handled in one of the upcoming KA7 update, probably 7.2 (I know Maskoi posted a release date/order somewhere here)

3] One of my main mez spells lasts like minute and a half, so when we have 1 mob we're fighting, and the second is mez'd, once we kill the on we are fighting, KissAssist leaves us to stand there and wait for the mes timer to finish, and sometimes we sit there and wait for a whole minute or more before engaging the mobs even though we're all full of health and mana, and it seems silly (and even obvious to any player watching) that a regular group of players wouldn't break the mez and continue fighting, especially if they are full of health and mana and don't need the downtime, not to mention that as asked in my question #2, the monster doesn't even get slowed during the downtime when all mobs are mezed, and we sit there waiting for mez to break.

Hopefuly this will be handled in one of the updates too (like above).

4] I always bot, even before I found this place (Awesome bots btw, I love this site and all you guys have done here =]) I would use Macro Express and 3 mercenaries, and 2 or 3 of my characters would keep buffs up, and one primary would be sitting somewhere snare pulling and allowing the mercenaries to do all the work. Now I'm able to actually put in full use against the mobs with this bot stuff. I love it =] I have read that with Vanilla version of kissassist, its very safe and that no one has been banned for botting "while at the keyboard" My question is this; is there a difference between what I was doing with Macro Express (Tab, 1 for snare constant pulls, targeting and snare pulling) I would do this 24/7 for almost a year and a half before I found this, in a weaker zone - now I can actually kill harder stuff because my full group is in full force assist mode.. My question is this: Is what I was doing with Macro express illegal, or any more against the rules or policy then what I am using KissAssist MQ2 for now?

I have been banned for 3 days, I used G15 macros and was online for 3,5 months straight before I got banned.

5] Has anyone been deleted for using MQ2? Do they give you a second chance, warning, suspension before completely deleting you accounts?

If a GM spots you, he will contact you ingame, if you dont respond, he will simply log off all your chars and ban you for a few days. If you do it again, you will be in a lot more trouble, but I dont intend to find that out.

6] Do they delete your accounts that are using MQ2, or all accounts under your name?

Only the accounts involved with the AFKing you had online when you are busted. Even the ones doing nothing but are in the group getting exp.

7] Finally, I tend to bot 24/7, even while im sleeping, I really don't think most players even know about the possibility of botting in EverQuest since Redguides MQ2/KISSASSIST seems to be mostly new from 10/2013, and ive been botting for the last 5 days 24/7 and have had maybe five people ask to join my group, of course I never respond cause im no at the keyboard - does this really matter? Do you think its even noticeable? Whos to say its not a group of players just playing by themselves and not being chatty and simply aren't ignoring any questions about joining their group?

Sooner or later you will get busted, might take days or months, but it will happen if you AFK 24/7.

There have been no reported bans to me, one of the Admins here in RG, in the last year that i can find. The reported bans that I remember in the last 2 years, 3 maybe were not from GMs. they were pretty much from people afking 24/7 in the same camp for a week and reported by other players.

First time you are caught its a 1 week suspension. If your are caught again it is usually a perma ban.

do you know of a web site that shows how to use the g15 for this i've had one for years and never knew lol i'm thinking this knowledge may come in handy in other games

No, I have never came across a site that has any info about that, my search brought me to this site though =)

I started writing a guide a while ago, but it's not really complete, but should give you sufficient info on how to set it up.

http://www.redguides.com/community/...-Machine-under-construction?highlight=ISBoxer

There are many many ways how to setup your weaves/group/macros/etc, this is just one of them =)

Enjoy! And dont forget to click the thank you button on the bottom left /cheer

Question - Banned & Enchanter Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back