• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem - Bag Hunting went weird, end of July 4th (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,811¢
This may/maynot be a bug or weird thing, figured I'd post about it. Maybe a grain of /tinhat.

So when we got the July4th bonus rares percent boost, I decided to set a group to go in a spot I have used before to get a named that rarely drops a big bag. Its rare, but works out nice enough, and I've done it before. I think this has happened before on a similar bonus boost holiday event, but I never posted cause I forgot. So I setup and sure enough when the bonus went live I got a lot of rares and eventually a bag popped..awesome! I stayed there and figured I'll get one for everyone, noone camps here, not bugging anyone, etc. I got another, though smaller, bag after awhile (maybe a day). Then... nada. my group was there all the bonus time and got plenty of rares, and yes RNG I'm sure takes some of the answer, but no more bags, big or smaller, nor chase stuff. As we are at the end of the bonus today.. suddenly I got 2 bags already today, big and a smaller. I hunted in NoS earlier in the week and I did not really notice a big increase in Bonus Rares.
So my tinhat..."bonus time" has fluctuating rng (I don;t know what to call it) patterns within itself? Bonus ends today and I know the basic patterns of the big bag dropping in same spot in regular time (no bonus). So when it turns off I'm going to stay there a bit a see how it goes. Just wanted to share some thoughts and see what others think. Your pal, forum nutso, RedFrog.

No I mean literally. What are they by name? I am not familiar with the actual bag items you are talking about.
DM me.
Since I'm intending to be at the camp, I don;t wanna 'out' myself. :P maybe paranoid! I fully believe DP has RG members, most may not care too much, a few though.. get satisfaction for stomping fun.

Edit: Yours are off, or I wuld have answered you. :)

Not much you can say to someone if they are paranoid but I totally understand you not wanting to give up your camping spot, Its fairly easy to figure out. The only non random 40 slot that was recently dropping was Darkened Box of Nil Space and that's over so there are only about 6 left.

And keep in mind most of us don't need more bags. But I might agree with you since I found a "special" spot for scraps of wither and decay:)

Not much you can say to someone if they are paranoid but I totally understand you not wanting to give up your camping spot, Its fairly easy to figure out. The only non random 40 slot that was recently dropping was Darkened Box of Nil Space and that's over so there are only about 6 left.

And keep in mind most of us don't need more bags. But I might agree with you since I found a "special" spot for scraps of wither and decay:)
exactly.

I camped this for MANY hours while catching up on Netflix. Didn't get a single bag =(
Probably days+ total camp time overall. Did get a lot of junk to sell for PP though so it worked out. Still need to get bags for support toons and just learning about ToV + group missions.

Had fun, so that's what counts.

BB~

Named seemed to pop slightly more often but were definitely still streaky.

I put in a crazy amount of time over the XP boost leveling up 5x new toons and got 1x blood soaked and maybe 3-4 40 slot no drop bags and one tradable 20 slot.

Its really hard to say if the drops were "faster" or if it was just more time spent all at once.

A 76% boost of 3% spawn rate still only gets you to 5.28% spawn rate, as far as the bags they can be extremely streaky in dropping (I’ve gone entire expansions with multiple groups over the year and sometimes only gotten 1-2 of the mob dropped expansion bags. As far as the scuffed, they are a <1% drop rate from named that can drop them.

A 76% boost of 3% spawn rate still only gets you to 5.28% spawn rate, as far as the bags they can be extremely streaky in dropping (I’ve gone entire expansions with multiple groups over the year and sometimes only gotten 1-2 of the mob dropped expansion bags. As far as the scuffed, they are a <1% drop rate from named that can drop them.
Maybe weird, but the math there made me feel better.. :) Yes, the scuff and anything else is a nice booby prize.

I never camped bags. Just doing progression and hunter achievements usually netted plenty for me. EOK dropped the most random drops with bags and chase items. TBL was second. Between all of those I usually had plenty of room to carry too much junk. Maybe someday we will get wheelbarrows and carts for our mounts so we can really collect junk.

Problem - Bag Hunting went weird, end of July 4th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back