• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Back from eons away, looking for class advice (1 Viewer)

Infernal

RedCents
100¢
Hey all, back at it again from many years out of the game. Already did a couple of heroic toons and really enjoying EQ (live, Bristlebane server). I had a couple of questions that I seem to be getting conflicting info when researching them online.

1. For maxing AA's, are ranger headshots the way to go?
  2. I don't see many videos online on Rangers, any particular reason why?
  3. For solo/molo'ing rares, are necros the way to go? I know there is a guy on test server moloing named but he has stupid high end gear on his pet, can't really use that as a reference.
  4. I've considered Necro with Bard/Enchanter auto follow for adps/regen and twincast, good idea?
  5. I tried mage and necro, love mages but the necro seems so much more utility, with equal pet gear, is necro/mage pet close enough?

Any software in the community here that can allow me to broadcast keys to other eq clients? I don't really want to get too involved on autopilot for now and some of the software seems like a lot of work to setup (also auto follow sometimes sucks even at 60fps background/foreground).

Many thanks in advance!

For maxing AA's, are ranger headshots the way to go?
There are a few classes with some Massive Damage AA's Ranger's, Rogues, and Berzerkers. Rangers used to be a great class for Mass AE Headshot - but now most of those AE classes are nerfed.
Nowadays the best way to max aa's is get a high dps grp and smash them out. Get your FTP crew to lvl 110, throw them a Krono and within that month grind the aa.

If you are starting from scratch and dont have a solid crew to start with - then Im sure adding a Zerker/Ranger/Rogue to your crew will help.

It is commonly recognized that the best grp is TANK/HEALER/BRD/ BST/ZERK/ZERK but if you want to play Necro/Mag then Caster group might be the way to go. something like TANK/HEALER/ENC/MAG/MAG/MAG

Most people here soon realize it is easier and better to have a real grp, than to ever have a Merc doing anything.

Necro is probably too slow in common grp content. Great in raids..and a great class to play...just too slow.

I don't see many videos online on Rangers, any particular reason why?
Rangers dont seem to add much in modern play. I remember when a group of 6 Rangers KS'ed our entire raid force....now they are lucky to make top 20 dps. AI for rangers is also a bit lacking. Easier to automate a single trick class like Berzerker or Rogue.

For solo/molo'ing rares, are necros the way to go? I know there is a guy on test server moloing named but he has stupid high end gear on his pet, can't really use that as a reference.
Well you could...but why???

I've considered Necro with Bard/Enchanter auto follow for adps/regen and twincast, good idea?
Caster groups really struggle with end game content. All the missions are done with the same formula - DPS hard and you breeze through. If you after fun and not worried about getting to end game in a month - then sure have fun with Caster group.
I tried mage and necro, love mages but the necro seems so much more utility, with equal pet gear, is necro/mage pet close enough?
I would give it to mages in the group game.

If you really enjoy soloing game..then maybe the Necro - but who has time to solo anything these days!

I'd be inclined to do something weird like 5 Mages and a Shaman. I have seen 5 Rogues and a Paladin. I dont know anyone who has 6 Necro's - but maybe its possible after they removed some stacking issues.

The real key is find what you like.

you should look up the video on framelimiter.
but basically set your bg and fg fps to unlimited

then go to the /mqsettings and fps limiter

set the foreground RENDER numbers, these only concerned with rendering, and won't slow your game down, so for example, i have it bottomed out for the background, cause if a client is in the background i am not seeing it anyways, and for the foreground i have it set to 30fps, whis i feel is ample, some like doing 60fps but notice that are minimum numbers, so it will run more if it can so 30fps is fine.

and if you want to be doing molo or solo, or 2 grouping, nothing kills a shadow knight with a bard and a cleric merc.

Welcome back!

Welcome Back GIF by Coates Group
Hey You Hello GIF by Regal

Get ready for your gamming experience to be completely changed.
Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

Here is me, being negative:
Well, for your needs, I wouldnt bother. The ban can hit you with the software loaded, doing nothing in guildhall. So if you want to Solo/Molo I cant see the reason even loading this up. Just my 2 cents

Here is me, being positive:
Welcome back! Prepare yourself for some major gamechange, most fun you will have with your pants on! Try it out with 2 chars but 100% you will have 6 within some months. Dont forget to watch the videos, will get you some major info there. Ask questions, very responsive crowd here!

Good Luck on your future adventures

Hey all, back at it again from many years out of the game. Already did a couple of heroic toons and really enjoying EQ (live, Bristlebane server). I had a couple of questions that I seem to be getting conflicting info when researching them online.

1. I don't see many videos online on Rangers, any particular reason why?
Cause we all die before the video can be made.:hfive:

Welcome back.

It is commonly recognized that the best grp is TANK/HEALER/BRD/ BST/ZERK/ZERK but if you want to play Necro/Mag then Caster group might be the way to go. something like TANK/HEALER/ENC/MAG/MAG/MAG

I am fond of casters so I use the last group listed by Szazor with one exception. I substitute a BST for one of the mages. i like the utility the BST gives my group - additional small heals, SoW, end regen, hp regen, mana regen, haste, slow, to name a few.

I would agree with the comments above about running a full group of 6 toons without Mercs. Most, if not all, computers these days can run 6 EQ instances at once. Get your Level 2 access and have fun exploring the site. There is a ton of information and tools to make EQ that much more enjoyable.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Welcome back. Keep your head down on Bristle and hope you don't get on the randomized suspension list. There was plenty of MQ usage when I was on that server but I haven't played since about a year ago when a new set of ban/sus waves started. Those that used MQ didn't talk about it openly. We just could spot each other and sometimes privately chat about it. I would deny it if I was asked in the current environment.

Thank you all for the responses, wow quite an active community here I must say!

Yea, I think for my main accounts I'm not looking to use software (I wish I could just use 'press 3 so all characters do the 3rd ability etc.), that said, I was hoping I could just aDPS the bananas out of the necro with a /follow bard melody and enchanter twincast / tash/slow as needed.

Alternatively I was thinking SK / Bard / Necro - This is assuming I could just drive on SK and semi auto the rest on Bard, 1-2 buttons on the necro for dots, but no slow effects here, and the bouncing health bar on even cons is concerning (feels worse than the necro pet).

Still tho, having the bard and enchanter auto follow, and giving the necro all the adps and twincast on dot procs looked pretty solid, maybe I'm overestimating twincast tho.

Too bad about rangers, they seem so cool and the headshots just seem fun as hec pulling them off.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Welcome back!

Welcome Back GIF by Coates Group
Hey You Hello GIF by Regal

Get ready for your gamming experience to be completely changed.
I don't know if THIS picture and THIS word misspelling "gamming" were intentional, but I definitely chuckled...

Then I immediately jumped to a bunch of gamers and beached whales meeting LOL...

Revenge Of The Nerds 80S GIF

I don't know if THIS picture and THIS word misspelling "gamming" were intentional, but I definitely chuckled...

Then I immediately jumped to a bunch of gamers and beached whales meeting LOL...

Revenge Of The Nerds 80S GIF
Oops! That was not intentional, I must have fat fingered gaming and did not check spelling before I hit post reply. I had no clue what the definition was until now...lol :lol:
1660659659657.png

IRL - Back from eons away, looking for class advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back