• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Autofire and Holyshits MQ2melee (1 Viewer)

Komrad33

RedCents
Hello,

I am looking for some help to setup my rangers to auto cast their insta nukes while auto-firing. I have yet to get this to work with range that is built into MQ2melee, let alone getting that to work with range attacks at all

downshit1=/if (!${Me.Feigning} && !${Debuff.Silenced} && ${Me.Combat} && ${Me.PctMana} > 10 && ${Me.Autofire}) /casting "Brushfire"
I figgured using a downshit would be one way to go since while under autofire you are "not in combat", but this has not worked. I tried the same thing as a Holy, no dice either.

Any help getting this to work would be appreciated!

The "${Me.Combat}" looks to come up false when not swinging something btw.

The "${Me.Autofire}" needs to be ${Me.AutoFire}

Instead of worrying about if autofire is on or off, since I would assume you want the nukes to go off regardless of if you are meleeing or range fighting, why not stick with a distance (with in spell range at the least) and target HP percentage, and of course, if the spell is ready to cast. I am assuming you are pulling with your ranger, and want to control him until the killing part. Just make sure the target percentage is low enough you can get the mobs to the group and you ought to be golden.

Though the biggest problem I had with rangers was pulling aggro so unless you are tanking

Rich (BB code):
holyshit2=/if (${Target.Beneficial.ID} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Entropy of Nature]} && ${Target.Distance}<=150 && ${Target.PctHPs}<90) /casting "Entropy of Nature" alt
holyshit3=/if (${Me.PctAggro}>50 && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[Jolting Crescent Kicks].RankName}]} && ${Group.MainTank.ID}!=${Me.ID}) /disc Jolting Crescent Kicks

CombatCommand4=/disc ${Spell[Weapon Shield Discipline].RankName}
CombatCondition4={Me.CombatAbilityReady[{Spell[{Spell[Weapon Shield Discipline].RankName}].RankName}]} && {Me.Endurance}<500 && {Me.PctAggro}<75 && {Target.Distance}<20

I use RD mostly (from the sourse boards) so the combat condition looks a little funky (just out the $ where it needs to be) . Mostly I let the macro control my ranger's nukes, but thought you might like some different things there as food for thought.

The issue isn't "worrying about if autofire is on or off." For rangers, with headshot, in certain camps, much more dps comes from just that autofire than anything else in the whole group. So, when autofire is constantly bugging out and turning off and on, it's a huge drain on overall dps.

Anyhow, I have just been playing with redguides tools a few days. There were lots of buggy things to work through, but it is paying off now and I'm learning the quirks. It's pretty fun. But, the main issue I am having is with this damn autofire. I could increase my overall xp rate by at least 25% if I could just get autofire to work like it should. It seems that folks that don't play headshotting rangers don't really understand this issue - at least that's what it seems like from the responses I've read from the past.

As, others have posted, if anyone has a solution, it's much appreciated. I just want something that I can incorporate into muleassist that will run autofire on my ranger properly, without the constant toggling on and off.

Update - Solved:
I finally figured it out. The autofire KA ini had both a command hotbutton and it also had AutoFireOn=1 in the raw melee tab. After playing around trying different stuff, the solution was simply to remove the auttofire command hotbutton from the dps UI and leave the raw AutoFireOn=1 as it was. It's fun when you can firgure something like this out. My dps just skyrocketted.

Last edited:
Question - Autofire and Holyshits MQ2melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back