• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Auto join grp macro (1 Viewer)

RedCents
33¢
any chance u guys can do a quick mac that will accept an invite from a group? i also would like it to dispand the group if group members are the wrong ones.

the idea is to leave my rog at a spot and my friend is going to run his bard and PL his toons, because were on diffrent time zoens im just gunna park my rog there and let him run all his toons but i want him to be able to invite me.

my worry is if some one invites my rog and its not my friend shes gunanbe stuck there... not saying a word..

I would say just use the combat plugin for the accepting an invite, but it won't differentiate who's inviting. Maybe use the mq2slave plugin and set your friend as a master. Then he can invite you and give you the command to /accept ?

Ok here it is there is some error in the code that gives and error message but it still runs fine. If you care to find the error be my guest but thise works fine.

/mac Autojoin "Allowed to invite to grps name" "Secret word to get you to accept invitation" "Secret word to get you to disband"

example--- /mac Autojoin Superwar Jointhegrp Dropgrp

This would make it so you only listen to a character named Superwar and to get you to join a grp he just has to say Joingrp in tells and when he wants you to drop he says Dropgrp in group or in tells and you will disband.

Also can easily chop this up and throw it in any macro you already have should work just as easily long as the chat type is set up like I have it.

WARNING:: This code is not recognizing the chatsender as a valid compare so it is failing that but still will be able to set up the secret words so the only way you will accept an invite will be if someone uses the secret words on you.

If you can tell me how to fix the code I will re-edit and post this in main forum but this will hopefully do this guy's job well enough for what he asked.
Rich (BB code):
|        Everdead's Join Grp macro                |
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| 

#chat group 
#chat tell 

Sub Main 

/declare AllowedInvite string outer ${Param0}
/declare SecretWord string outer ${Param1}
/declare SecretDisband string outer ${Param2}

| ############### 
| ############### Main Loop Starts 
| ############### 

:Main_Loop 

|- Check for new events in chat etc etc... 
/doevents 

/goto :Main_Loop 
/return 

| ############### 
| ############### Main Loop Ends 
| ############### 

Sub Event_Chat(string ChatType,string ChatSender,string ChatText) 

/if (!${ChatType.Equal[GROUP]} && !${ChatType.Equal[TELL]}) /return

/if (${ChatText.Equal[${SecretWord}]}) && (${ChatSender}==${AllowedInvite}) { 
/invite
}
/if (${ChatText.Equal[${SecretDisband}]}) && (${ChatSender}==${AllowedInvite}) { 
/disband
}
/return

Couldn't Parse '&& (${ChatSender}==${AllowedInvite}) {
Thats the error code I get from trying to run it when it gets a tell so not sure whats going on why it can not decide if a string for the person who sent a tell is same as the string for the person who is allowed.

Last edited:
I hope those are not real names.
Not tested btw.
Rich (BB code):
|accept the invite on person
|                          Change this
|                           \/
#event invite "PersonYouGetInivteFrom invites you to join#*#"  

sub main
:loop
/doevents 
/dealy 5s