• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Auth code in compiles -- apply to plugins? (1 Viewer)

Warrene

RedCents
20¢
Trying to take some baby steps in the compiling arena and have a question about NoAuth and plugins:

I have EQ installed on two different systems. I would like to continue taking advantage of the full-featured pre-compile(s) being made available by others. There are too many twists and turns for me to jump right into that mess. However, there are some plugins that rarely change in source code but are not popular enough to make into the standard pre-compile (MQ2SuperStacker, for one).

If I compile the standard distribution from the MQ site on one of the systems (single Auth), then create a plugin, will that plugin run on the other system (that's using an Auth-free EXE)? Or is the Auth checking embedded in the plugin by virtue of being compiled in that environment?

No If I am understanding You correctly there are no auth checks in Plugins. . .The dll's dont even need to be recompiled unless something in the plugin code needs to be changed. You can ussually take a dll from one computer and put it on another and it will work fine

Auth code in compiles -- apply to plugins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back