• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
AugCheck

Lua - AugCheck (1 Viewer) 1.8

RedCents
4,633¢
Pronouns
He/Him
MrInfernal submitted a new resource:

AugCheck - See if aug slots are empty/filled. Can sort by type

/augcheck <empty/all> <type#>
Ex: /augcheck empty 9

Will scan your worn gear for augment slots. You can display by:

• Only show empty slots
  • Show all slots and mark if 'Empty' or 'Filled'
  • Type number
The type number is used along with the 'empty' or 'all' commands, but is not required. I hope this makes checking your augments easier!

View attachment 56599

View attachment 56600

As...

Read more about this resource...

@MrInfernal

Some comments, please take it in a kindly manner.

if itemslot is empty then the Lua failed
don't like something like this hanging around with a bind

Attached is a fix for the empty slots issue and a way to call the checks with /lua run augcheck <empty/all> <type# 1-22>
Do not be concerned your bind is still supported if you do not give anything on the /lua run line as arguments

Attachments

• init.lua
    13.5 KB · Views: 0
MrInfernal updated AugCheck with a new update entry:

Initial run and unbind improvements

Many thanks to @jande for showing me a method to have a Lua to either remain running or to close when complete, as well as the importance of unbinding commands when ending. You can now run in two modes:

1) /lua run augcheck -- Keeps AugCheck running so that further checks can be done using /augcheck
2) /lua run augcheck (empty/all) (Type 1-22) -- Runs AugCheck with selected arguments and then closes

Read the rest of this update entry...

@MrInfernal

Some comments, please take it in a kindly manner.

if itemslot is empty then the Lua failed
don't like something like this hanging around with a bind

Attached is a fix for the empty slots issue and a way to call the checks with /lua run augcheck <empty/all> <type# 1-22>
Do not be concerned your bind is still supported if you do not give anything on the /lua run line as arguments
I truly appreciate the constructive criticism, especially since I'm still learning. I didn't know there was a way to pass an argument to a Lua as it was being first run, so I appreciate that and will see about using that going forward.

Played around with it, and loving it so far. Quick suggestion, as it took me a few minutes to figure out the syntax based on the help mesage.

I tried using /augcheck empty 7-8 to show the types between 7 and 8 but got no results back. When I ran them individually, I was able to see some empty Type 8 slots, but nothing came up in Type 7 right now. Based on the helpscreen, I also tried typing /augcheck empty type# 7 (as I thought that might be part of the command). One suggestion may be to add an example such as the line below, where you show '/augcheck empty 7' will show all empty Type 7 aug slots.

1706644276526.png
One other suggestion is to allow multiple numbers to be able to show multiple results, ie, /augcheck empty 7 8 would show all empty slots that would take either a type 7 or type 8 aug.

Again, Awesome resource! I can see how much time this will save. Just then have to get it to switch out augs for me automatically :)

Also, a possible future suggestion, show some data on the augs in the slots. Suggestion might be for AC on 7/8, or highest stat on type 5 (Ie, show charm: Slot 3 (Type 8): Filled AC:85 ) or for Type 5, back: Slot 2 (Type 5): Filled (INT: 78)

That would let you know that was filled with a Type 5 INT aug, versus the one you are looking at might be a Type 5, STR or WIS aug. Just trying to streamline some of my aug switching decisions

I see what you mean. I’ll update the help to better explain that it checks a single augment type at a time. Thank you for the feedback and let me know if there is any extra functionality you can think of.

Almost to my dream Lua
If it could find empty slots it almost to my dream of popping the Permutation Peddler and swapping out Augs on its own to best Aug I have in bags or bank lol

Pull down window set it to find best AC/stamina and slot 7-8 and wham it runs to bank pops a permutation peddler checks bags and bank and goes to town swapping out 7-8 slots to best Augs it can find.
Set 5 slot to stamina or whatever stat applies to that toons intel/wisdom yada yada. Presto it goes to work

Random question about missing Aug slots, what do you do with your open type slots on let’s say a warrior? Just leave them open since there aren’t enough augs to fill?

When searching for empty slots, especially of a specific slot, if there are no empty slots, can you say something like 'no empty slots found' so we know for sure. Right now it just displays about 3-4 blank lines when no empty slots are found. Also, it has a lot of blank lines, not sure if that is deliberate or not.
1707661954348.png

I see what you mean. I’ll update the help to better explain that it checks a single augment type at a time. Thank you for the feedback and let me know if there is any extra functionality you can think of.
I am a programmer myself, and I always find what I write for help is readily understandable for me, but for someone who didn't write the code, it is a little confusing sometimes. Thanks!

The no empty slots message is actually pretty distracting in the current version. I would only want it to appear once, if there are no empty type 7 slots at all, not on a per armor piece basis.

1707896352588.png

@MrInfernal Thanks for creating this. This has saved me alot of time.

Do you know how most type 7 augs don't fit into the Ranged or Charm slot? I think that also applies to primary/secondary too, but ranged and charm are what I struggle with the most, running around with empty aug slots on my ranged because the 1 or 2 augs in my bag don't fit. Those rare augs that do fit in charm and ranged also fit into all the other common slots, and may get unknowingly parked in a left ear while I have nothing else to go into the charm... It would be a cool feature if augcheck could show a list of the augs that fit in one of these restrictive slots by stat.

For example:
/augcheck ranged 7 dex
leftwrist: Slot 1 (Type 7): DEX: 5
rightwrist: Slot 1 (Type 7): DEX: 10

Lua - AugCheck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back