• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Aten question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
430¢
Ok first off, let me give a hearty thank you to everyone who contributes so much to make this site and this content so good. You guys are superstars.

I set up an event thanks the hardwork of RG contributors to control my group running away from tank during Aten mission. It works a real trick. :)
I also installed a Lua script that is supposed to make my bard work to achieve the calming ach.

However, the Lua doesn't seem to be working or if/when it is working, the event doesn't function. I don't know where to start figuring out what I've done wrong.

I have all burns off and turn them on from bcg button on tank during the first Aten section or during the goos section - tried both and it doesn't make much difference either way.

Additionally, how in the world do I get unstomped? I don't see any way to avoid those auras.

pretty long thread about aten > here <

re: unstomped --- just don't get stomped by the statues --- move out of the way when they spawn. before they move you can reposition so you never get near them, even if they do their entire pathing.

I wouldn't try doing the mez and the unstomped at the same time, that can be trickier to automate (but doable)

here is probably the first quick and dirty Lua i did (with near zero cleanup or edits) for mezzing. I use something other than a macro, but here are edits for macro. could definitely be cleaner etc, but i'm just slapping you with what i used for the toons i ran through the achievement

bardcalm Lua
Lua:
local mq = require("mq")
while mq.TLO.Task('Aten Ha Ra')() do
    local mobcount = mq.TLO.SpawnCount("a smirking guardian npc zradius 75")()
    if mobcount > 0 then
        if not mq.TLO.Macro.Paused() then
            mq.cmd("/mqp on")
            mq.cmd("/stopsong")
            mq.cmd("/stopcast")
        end
        if mq.TLO.Target.ID() ~= mq.TLO.Spawn("a smirking guardian npc").ID() then
            -- we need to delay before we try and do anything, they appear to not insta disappear if we insta mez them
            mq.delay(500)
            mq.cmd("/tar a smirking guardian npc zradius 75")
            mq.delay(500)
        end
        if mobcount >= 1 then
            mq.cmd("/cast 8")
            mq.delay(3000)
        end
    end
    if mq.TLO.Macro.Paused() then
        mq.cmd("/mqp off")
    end
    mq.delay(1000)
end

pretty long thread about aten > here <

re: unstomped --- just don't get stomped by the statues --- move out of the way when they spawn. before they move you can reposition so you never get near them, even if they do their entire pathing.

I wouldn't try doing the mez and the unstomped at the same time, that can be trickier to automate (but doable)

here is probably the first quick and dirty Lua i did (with near zero cleanup or edits) for mezzing. I use something other than a macro, but here are edits for macro. could definitely be cleaner etc, but i'm just slapping you with what i used for the toons i ran through the achievement

bardcalm Lua
Lua:
local mq = require("mq")
while mq.TLO.Task('Aten Ha Ra')() do
    local mobcount = mq.TLO.SpawnCount("a smirking guardian npc zradius 75")()
    if mobcount > 0 then
        if not mq.TLO.Macro.Paused() then
            mq.cmd("/mqp on")
            mq.cmd("/stopsong")
            mq.cmd("/stopcast")
        end
        if mq.TLO.Target.ID() ~= mq.TLO.Spawn("a smirking guardian npc").ID() then
            -- we need to delay before we try and do anything, they appear to not insta disappear if we insta mez them
            mq.delay(500)
            mq.cmd("/tar a smirking guardian npc zradius 75")
            mq.delay(500)
        end
        if mobcount >= 1 then
            mq.cmd("/cast 8")
            mq.delay(3000)
        end
    end
    if mq.TLO.Macro.Paused() then
        mq.cmd("/mqp off")
    end
    mq.delay(1000)
end
Thank you sic, and this will run concurrent with the event script that forces run away - first time I tried the bard Lua, the bard got called and didn't run away - must been conflict with the two scripts

Took me 5 months to get unstomped, it’s all luck based and hoping your team has a good path each time. I normally start burns on the third add when the boss is active.

The run away scrip is what makes it luck based and hoping no one runs in to a golem. Best bet is to manually play the char that has to run away and not use the script.

I got unstomped yesterday, and since then it hasn't been that big of a deal. The trick, place your toons to stick to front of mob, or have them on afollow. As you move to avoid the purple, they are stuck on you so they avoid the purple. Don't have your other toons run away and eat the silence. Use a cd on tank if you need. Don't worry about Calming stones as much, or 2 goos mixing...ignore that stuff, just focus on staying out of purple. If you fight dead center in the middle, you can easily see the gap as it moves and shoot for the gap, also Bard/Enc can mez and you can still get Calming stones. Only one time did I have an issue where they were perfectly aligned with no gap in sight. Once. Doing it this way, I have done the Unstomped achieve several times now. I already had the other two so now I just don't care about the encounter at all and what happens, happens lol.

I suggest using Lem for the encounter. I believe I posted some conditions there for Aten, if not, I will post mine.

Question - Aten question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back