• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Are commands stackable in a single line? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,519¢
I'm farming stuff for the Artisan Prize and it's always /tar mob, /nav target. Could I do it in one line instead of two? /tar mob, /nav target clearly doesn't work, so just wondering.

I'm farming stuff for the Artisan Prize and it's always /tar mob, /nav target. Could I do it in one line instead of two? /tar mob, /nav target clearly doesn't work, so just wondering.
you can use a multiline

/multiline ; /target mob; /timed 10 /nav target
the timed 10 just makes us wait a bit so we have a target before we try and nav to it

more importantly

you can /nav spawn X

let's say you were trying to run to redbot you could /nav spawn redbot

you can eliminate false positives with things like /nav spawn npc redbot or /nav spawn pc redbot if you wanted specifically only an npc or pc named redbot

That is a typo. There should be a semicolon between /timed 10 and /nav target:
INI:
/multiline ; /tar mob;/timed 10;/nav
Something else to note; there needs to be a space before and after the semicolon after the /multiline command. Spaces don't matter for the rest, but that one has to have them.

That is a typo. There should be a semicolon between /timed 10 and /nav target:
INI:
/multiline ; /tar mob;/timed 10;/nav
Something else to note; there needs to be a space before and after the semicolon after the /multiline command. Spaces don't matter for the rest, but that one has to have them.
no, that is not a typo. re: the timed and the nav target. what i put earlier in the thread is good

/multiline ; /target mob; /timed 10 /nav target is accurate.

in a multi-line all parts are fired at the same time - so if you want to stagger them you have to /timed sections of them.

re: the space before the semi-colon - that is only needed during the /multiline ; multiline semi-colon - it is a bad habit putting spaces before the subsequent colons because if you use an ID or name or some other stuff, that part of the multiline can fail because it is treating that space in there as part of the name or ID etc.

/multiline ; /target mob; /timed 10 /nav target is accurate.

you can see this in action here:
correct:
/multiline ; /echo 1; /timed 10 /echo 10; /timed 20 /echo 20;
incorrect:
/multiline ; /echo 1; /timed 10; /echo 10; /timed 20; /echo 20;

each section in after a semi-colon is its own thing, and they are all fired at the time time. just doing an /timed 10 doesn't do anything, because there is nothing after the timed 10 to do. using timed in a multiline utilized the timed function to execute the remaining part of that section after that timed has expired - but the actual "submission" of it happens at the same time of each of the multiline parts.

Last edited:
I was not aware that you did not put the semicolon after /timed. That little bit of advice has fixed several hotbuttons that I was having trouble with! Sorry to give bad advice, but it turned into a benefit because of your response. Thanks, Sic!

I was not aware that you did not put the semicolon after /timed. That little bit of advice has fixed several hotbuttons that I was having trouble with! Sorry to give bad advice, but it turned into a benefit because of your response. Thanks, Sic!
hell yeah dude, team work!

hope my explanation made sense - hollar if it didn't

Question - Are commands stackable in a single line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back