• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Anyone still use SEQ? (1 Viewer)

PixieDust

RedCents
50¢
Doesn't seem like there's much point to it these days... maybe for seeing if named mobs are up.

Anyway, I took some time the other night to get it up and running in a VM on Windows 8 (Hyper-V FTW) and if anyone would find it useful I could write up a guide.

It's useful if you want the map up on a second screen all the time but I don't think too many people do that these days

Pdust,

I would find that guide useful. I used SEQ when it was ShowEq running on a Linux box. I actually looked into seq just yesterday, bit did not get very far :) Would enjoy that tool.

Pdust,

I would find that guide useful. I used SEQ when it was ShowEq running on a Linux box. I actually looked into seq just yesterday, bit did not get very far :) Would enjoy that tool.
Oh it still runs on a Linux box, and I'm just lazy and abbreviated it, heh. Windows 8 (Pro & Enterprise) come with Hyper-V, and the 8.1 update gives it all the same tools and features of Server 2012 (at least for Hyper-V), enabling the ability to mirror the traffic from the host (the box I'm playing EQ on) to the VM running on the same host, effectively eliminating the need for a 2nd physical machine, as well as eliminating the requirement of a hub or managed switch.

Truthfully it's not much different from getting SEQ working on a physical box, just with a couple of tweaks for Hyper-V.

I'll work on throwing something together and get it posted, probably the next couple of days

If you don't have WIndows 8.1 Pro or Enterprise you can also use VMWare Player (free) to build a VM, much to the same fashion as Hyper-V, and/or Virtual Box (free) which can also be used to build a VM. How you get your ISO of your operating system installs is up to you (Most versions of linux are free).

Virtual Box Downloads -Virtual Box Downloads

VMWare Player 7.0 -Windows 7 64Bit and Linux 64 bit

Question - Anyone still use SEQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back