• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Anyone Playing on "Test" Server? (2 Viewers)

I have to ask, why no bard in group 10? Does this cause complications?

I started Raid 2 to progress from scratch...NO massive PL - raiding Vox/Naggy/Fear/Hate/Sky
And while I didn't do much power levelling - I did have 9 Bards created to use the AE song from level 1

The Early raids didn't have a 54 limit - so I actually have about 59 toons in my lower lvl raid. (Currently doing POP)

I expect my toons will change as levels raise. I might convert some Clerics to Shammies, and I'll probably add a druid and Ranger for buffs later down the road, and I'll end up with only 7 Bards.

I dont usually run my Tank Groups with a bard

WAR
WAR
PAL
SK
CLR
CLR

This is my go to tank group.

What is a Bard going to add? Bard AC and Haste...is not really needed at lvl 125 raiding.

The main reason to play full-time on Test server?

You can take an extended break like I did, for about a year. Come back, and all my characters are still Gold status without ever having to worry about sub prices or krono. This is the best reason ever.

Plus there are many other bonuses to playing there, already mentioned above. I would never go back to Live after experiencing on Test. Even as an F2P player and only playing when expansions are released, all of the bonuses are worth their weight in gold IMHO.

The main reason to play full-time on Test server?

You can take an extended break like I did, for about a year. Come back, and all my characters are still Gold status without ever having to worry about sub prices or krono. This is the best reason ever.

Plus there are many other bonuses to playing there, already mentioned above. I would never go back to Live after experiencing on Test. Even as an F2P player and only playing when expansions are released, all of the bonuses are worth their weight in gold IMHO.

I can already see this. It's so nice, not worrying about which toons are expiring soon, and which ones I should pony up the cash to keep gold, ect. Now I have paid for 6 accounts and 6 expansions for those accounts. However, it's very likely, I'll never spend another dime on EQ. Just going to play what's available here moving forward.

I can already see this. It's so nice, not worrying about which toons are expiring soon, and which ones I should pony up the cash to keep gold, ect. Now I have paid for 6 accounts and 6 expansions for those accounts. However, it's very likely, I'll never spend another dime on EQ. Just going to play what's available here moving forward.
When you are able to get your crew set up to run mostly F2P, the expansions just seem all the more in-reach, in my opinion.

The savings in Krono will likely more than cover a groups worth of expansions.

Edit: and on Test, those savings are permanent, so :dance:

I started Raid 2 to progress from scratch...NO massive PL - raiding Vox/Naggy/Fear/Hate/Sky
And while I didn't do much power levelling - I did have 9 Bards created to use the AE song from level 1

The Early raids didn't have a 54 limit - so I actually have about 59 toons in my lower lvl raid. (Currently doing POP)

I expect my toons will change as levels raise. I might convert some Clerics to Shammies, and I'll probably add a druid and Ranger for buffs later down the road, and I'll end up with only 7 Bards.

I dont usually run my Tank Groups with a bard

WAR
WAR
PAL
SK
CLR
CLR

This is my go to tank group.

What is a Bard going to add? Bard AC and Haste...is not really needed at lvl 125 raiding.

my thinking was traveling purposes. Lack of selo's on one group... double invis etc.

On an EMU server is my biggest squad (PEQ) And i believe had about 42 charters. Each group had 1 bard, and 1 Wiz, and 1 Heal. Mostly clerics ( i was still learning and trying to master the out of group heals.. but felt safer with one per group), but some druid and shaman for buffs.

But this gave me Selo's travel song for all, and an Evac in each group. I did also do a lot of Wiz / Mage so that I could level up with some PB AoE spells. I don't even remember how i set it up.. (as it's been so long and i'm just getting warmed up to the idea of starting back) But i would pull 1/3 of a zone ,hit a button, and then they would all die. (I believe I had 4 enchanters for Stuns)

Discussion - Anyone Playing on "Test" Server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back