• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Anyone got a trick to get Scourgetail Scorpion in Field of bone (1 Viewer)

RedCents
80¢
title say it all, im goint more nuts than i already am trying to finish this hunter off. I know it supposedly has 1 PH, but also can be multible different mob types, and its on 5 minute timer vs other trash is like 1.5 minutes. map has 2 spawn locations, friend gave me 2 other spawn locs. ive got berserkers slaughtering around each loc, running around plinking everything with a ranger and still no luck =(

that Hunter is super hard to get. Just keep at it, there's not really any special "trick" to it. It's a rather obnoxious design choice in-era considering that it was a newbie zone that most players would outlevel long before they saw these "rares" actually spawn.

title say it all, im goint more nuts than i already am trying to finish this hunter off. I know it supposedly has 1 PH, but also can be multible different mob types, and its on 5 minute timer vs other trash is like 1.5 minutes. map has 2 spawn locations, friend gave me 2 other spawn locs. ive got berserkers slaughtering around each loc, running around plinking everything with a ranger and still no luck =(
without knowing anything about this spawn in particular, ensure you're clearing any mobs that can also be the ph for the ph.

There was an old post, not sure if its worth trying but keep in mind the tricks in the game back then. Like clearing all mobs to increase the highland lions etc

This is not from me but something I found, not tested

METHOD:
Reset the field of bone mob population to one type...I chose scorpions. The geographic area is from the Kurns ramp north, all areas east and the southernmost boundry is the first ramp on the east side of the pit opposite the Kaesora wall. It took me about 2 hours as a pet class keep killing all non-scorpion mobs and leave alive the scorpion repops...eventually everything was scorpion. This itself could spawn the rare but don't count on it.
Once the entire spawn was scorpion I killed one single scorpion. It it repopped instantly in the geographic area I outlined I would keep killing the repops until another scorpion popped. Then, pick a different scorpion and rinse repeat until I found one that had a 5 minute repop. Then I would keep killing the 5 minute repops until I got my named which, on paper, could take forever due to the 1% spawn rate.
With this method I killed the Scourgetail Scorpion in about 13 hours with a few breaks here and there.
You can accelerate this process by picking a SECOND mob type to allow to live...although a bit more complicated. You can make scorpions your base mob and allow iksar manslayers (for instance) to live if they are respawns. That way you won't accidentally kill an insta-respawn mob you cycled through before. This will allow you to find more than one five minute mob to "camp" improving your chances of getting the rare named.

Discussion - Anyone got a trick to get Scourgetail Scorpion in Field of bone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back