• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Anybody seen this oddity on maps? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
205¢
So I just logged in and popped one of my guys into FM for a look around.

I zone in from GGH and as always I have my map up. of course there are tons of little pink dots at all the normal spots. but I notice 2 just south of ZI right at the first grove guardian. still normal so I hover over them to see who it is etc.. this is where it gets weird..

The names of these toon looking dots was "generic(sm)" , both of them, i thought to Hrmmm this is weird .. but dismiss it and start heading to the druid circle. just as I approach the are of these 2 odd dots.. I see that there are no toons around anywhere.. on the ground , in the trees, in the air.. nothing. not target able or anything either. so I keep running and as I get to the spot they simply poof. just like a toon would if he had gated..

could this be some GM's hiding in plain sight?

Anyone else seen this?

I noticed this as well the other day, near the Blooddrinker Furasza camp... basically straight SE of the stairs at that camp.. It definitely wasn't a ground spawn, because I didn't see anything there, and it was there for a few hours, but gone later.. and no players around..

description was as Bdub says, Generic (sm)...

Sorry guys, don't think its so new...I have been seeing that "generic (sm)" tag show up ever since I started using MQ and havemany times went to the area to look around and not see anything. I always thought it was some kind of ground spawn that spawned "under the world"as I have seen it in many, many zones from HoT up...

Question - Anybody seen this oddity on maps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back