• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Anybody seen a problem with targetting in your macros? (1 Viewer)

Cpt_Cam

RedCents
The usage of :

/if (${Target.Level)>15) for example... will not perform an accurate check because the return value is NULL.

This can be proven by targetting something manually and typing:

/echo ${Target.Level}

The level will echo in the MQ2ChatWindow

This only seems to happen on certain random mobs. In my particular instance it is on various mobs in lavastorm. Some Rock Dervishes, and the floaty flame guys.

EDIT - It does work MOST of the time. It's annoying because I have to keep an eye on things.

/if (${Target.Level)>15)

if that's an actual line from your macro it's wrong, it should be ${Target.Level} not )

Not sure why level would be reported as null though, the only time that should happen if you don't have a target... Actually, a ghost mob (one that was killed as you were zoning in but your client didn't register the kill) may have a null level, iirc I tried to get ${Target.ID} off one once and got a CTD. Maybe this is a related issue. Or not. Either way, try unloading all nonstandard plugins and see if it's an issue with base mq2, which it sounds like. If so you could post a bug report on mq2 boards (if you're able to produce the needed debug stuff), or just wait for the devs to fix it.

/if (${Target.Level}>15) {
code here

}

is the actual code in the script....

was a typo. I just typed it off the top of my head and did a typo. Trying diff. zones now. making sure it's not a Lavastorm thing.

Capt, Is there a /target xxxx command right before that level check line?

If so, you may just need a very slight delay between the /target and the /if line. I have this problem in some of my macs. You get null from the /if line because as far as MQ is concerned, you do not have a target. Lag and/or slow system can cause this and it can vary by what else is going on in your mac too.

I've noticed on my custom shammy script that sometimes it was missing heals due to this. I put in a /delay 1 right after the /target soandso and before the /if target health is below this amount line.

That cleared it up for me.

Anybody seen a problem with targetting in your macros?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back