• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any solution to the "my monitor is too big" problem? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
504¢
Hi everyone,

I know this question is fairly common in the EQ subreddit but I thought I'd try here. I run a monitor with a native resolution of 3840x2160 and while EQ looks great and sharp and everything there, the text is too darn small. I know /chatfontsize solves one of my problems but is there any way to run in a window that appears as 1080p but actually takes up more than 25% of my screen? Right now I'm running in fullscreen but that's not as multibox friendly as I'd like.

WinEQ2 claims to be able to solve this problem but I'm not willing to pay to find out unless I'm sure. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

IDK the definitive answer to your question, I suspect there isn't an easy one. But I did lol at your username, so redcent'd.

My guess is that your best bet is to run a fullscreen windowed mode like what ISBoxer does. Then you could use EQ's graphics menus to run at 1920x1080 and ISBoxer can stretch the window to cover the entire screen.

Ok, so using ISBoxer/WinEQ2 will let you set the internal resolution of the window to whatever you want, independent of the size of that window? That's exactly the kind of functionality I'm looking for. That sounds like what you're describing, if I'm understanding you correctly.

(thanks for the redcent!)

on my 4k monitor I do:
in the EQ folder right click eqgame.exe and go to properties -
Compatibility tab
change high DPI settings
-Check Override High DPI scaling behavior.
and set drop down to system.

this makes the UI normal size, might see if it works for you.

Trapper, that worked beautifully. I had actually tried enabling that setting but hadn't set the dropdown to System. So now I'm running it in what EQ thinks is 1920x1080 but is actually 150% of that.

Had I the ability to give you cents, I would surely do so. Thanks for the help!

There is also software which can do it for you called "Lossless Scaling". Some of it is bundled with other software, some of it is free etc. There is an app on Steam called Lossless Scaling which has a free demo that will do it. A lot of people use it for old games like 800x600 games from the 80s/90s to play at bigger resolutions.

Oh, that's good info microscope. I'll look into it!

Yeah, I had my eqgame.exe lose my preferred scaling settings a time or two last night when I was testing it out. I think it really gets confused if you maximize the window or something.

Question - Any solution to the "my monitor is too big" problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back