• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Any PLing Guide? (1 Viewer)

remidemic

RedCents
Been reading and haven't really seen a good pling guide.

What zones are the best for pling after lvl 25?

Not using a bard to pl or a mage. Using a Druid.

get the hitallmobs.mac from this site and if the noob isnt a war/monk/ber then shroud to one and go to city of mist. pull 5 to 10 at a time with druid with best ds up, and run the mac on the noob. I got to level 60 in less than 9 hours doing this.

forgot to add after lvl 50 I went to veksar. Here is a ss, and I hade at least an hour of bazaar time on this toon.

PowerLevel.jpg

A rule of thumb i use is look at the hot zone for 5 or 10 levels above me then i go there to PL. Nothing like hotzone exp in a high ZEM place already.

lol every one here has too, the ss I posted wasn't cheating in any way besides using a targeting macro. If you are using an ae caster you don't even need that. I was just pointing out that level 60 is cake in that time just using a standard ds PL with no exploits.

BTW a level or an aa every 2.5 min is pretty serious playing. I personally think that is just cock waving but anything is possible I guess.

back on topic I never really can find a better place than city of mist at lower levels. It is perfect even not a hotzone anymore for DS PLing. The mobs give great xp, never run at low life, and have small hitpoints. I go there at level one and stay till lvl 50, then I tend to hit veksar (because it is kunark). Anyone up on there EQ history knows kunark is the money shot for xp, the mobs are weak, give great xp, and have low hp compared to the newer expansions. When velious and more pronouncedly Luclin came out the mindset was give mobs more hp to make it harder for the higher levels.

That is bad for xp because it takes longer to kill them. PoP era they were like crank up how hard stuff hits because it is the planes of power!!11!one! It all spiraled out of control from there, kunark is were its at for fast easy DS PLing. Once you get in the 60's DS PLing slows and it is better to gimp em along with a good group of high levels and soak it up.

Hi, this is my first time posting here. Been reading some of the great stuff you guys have posted. Just wanted to feel like I could contribute something. As a fellow druid and PLer I can honestly say that I have found the TSS expansion great for getting a toon up to level 46 quickly. I may not be able to do the 9 hours to level 60, the computers that I have been using are a little too slow for me to be able to handle that.

My technique for PLing is quite easy though.

Yes you can call me old fashioned but I do take my PLed toons through the tutorial still. I have found that that is the fastest way for me to get them to level 10. The killing isnt what gets you there.. its completing the quests. Usually takes me 2 rounds of my level 75 Druids 65% extended buffs and 1 dose of temp to complete them all.

After that I go out to Crescent Reach and head up to the Nokk Skeletons and kill them til around level 20.

I then head out to Blightfire and down to the gnoll mines, or up to the griffons. The griffons are great fast exp for up to level 30. After that I head over to the Tower skeletons and can mass pull them to level 46 in no time.

Since you said your druid is level 70 you can then group your toon with your druid pretty much anywhere you want to go. Or if you want you can go ahead and get your druid to level 75 and then PL the baby toon to 50 which is then able to group with the druid.

From that point I go up to Icefall and Charm kite the mammoths out in the middle of the plain. This may seem like a lot of work but the benefits are awesome for both the PLed toon and the druid. I leveled my cleric on my 2nd account from 57 to 75 in just over a week, and recieved over 200 AAs on my druid. The exp from the mammoths is phenomenal since they are totally solable by a very high CHAed druid, my CHA on my druid is 340 unbuffed. On the average when totally solo my 75 druid gets about 20% of an AA per kill, and if you have really good mana regen and mana pool you can do 6 kills every 15 mins guaranteed, sometimes I get lucky and can get an extra pair of mammoths in if I accidently pull 3 of them a couple times.

Anyway, just thought I would share the info for other PLers out there. I know that I rarely see anyone out killing those mammoths on the Xegony server. OH btw. the plat from the Large tusks and gems is nice too, generally I loot enough to sell at vendor for about 4kpp per round of Seer's

I just did some looking up on the Large Tusks and as near as I can tell they do not have a use. They are not tagged for being tradeskill items. Eqtraders doesnt have a listing for them being used, and neither does Allakhazam. So I am taking it that they are just a plat drop, and a pretty nice one for some ready plat, since they are dropped on nearly every kill and most times are dropped in stacks of 2 per kill. I usually end up with 3 to 5 stacks of them everytime I go up and do them, which is pretty much everyday now.

Any PLing Guide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back