• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any chance of using VV in the upcoming Beta? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,449¢
What is the likelihood of VV functioning smoothly on most evenings during the upcoming Beta testing phase?

There are two significant concerns to address. Firstly, the frequency at which everquest.exe changes in Beta requires frequent updates to VV.

The second issue pertains to high-profile scenarios where developers (Devs) and game masters (GMs) are present, such as Beta raid testing. Running any macro in these situations may present significant risk.

Primarily, I appreciate the quality-of-life features of VV that reduce the need for constant key mashing during lengthy raid sessions. If anyone has thoughts, experiences, or warnings to share, please do so.

Thank you for your input.

PS If my account survives Beta, I will bring back as much Beta information as I can for the RedGuides community.

Solution
I don’t intend on supporting beta. I will be monitoring for changes though for launch day readiness, so there may be a day or two where a build is available in the source repository on the same day but I wouldn’t hold my breath for it. Daily patches are not something I can keep up with
What is the likelihood of VV functioning smoothly on most evenings during the upcoming Beta testing phase?

There are two significant concerns to address. Firstly, the frequency at which everquest.exe changes in Beta requires frequent updates to VV.

The second issue pertains to high-profile scenarios where developers (Devs) and game masters (GMs) are present, such as Beta raid testing. Running any macro in these situations may present significant risk.

Primarily, I appreciate the quality-of-life features of VV that reduce the need for constant key mashing during lengthy raid sessions. If anyone has thoughts, experiences, or warnings to share, please do so.

Thank you for your input.

PS If my account survives Beta, I will bring back as much Beta information as I can for the RedGuides community.
VV can only be built if MQ is patched.

Beta sometimes gets multiple patches a day, so it is a whole lot of work for not so much return - every. single. day.

@brainiac does the MQ updates, so he could speak to it more directly.

VV can only be built if MQ is patched.

Beta sometimes gets multiple patches a day, so it is a whole lot of work for not so much return - every. single. day.

@brainiac does the MQ updates, so he could speak to it more directly.
That is what i figured.
So lots of button mashing in my near future, since I must participate in beta.
Hopefully, the info I post every night, will be worth lots of redcents. :)

I don’t intend on supporting beta. I will be monitoring for changes though for launch day readiness, so there may be a day or two where a build is available in the source repository on the same day but I wouldn’t hold my breath for it. Daily patches are not something I can keep up with

Solution
Question - Any chance of using VV in the upcoming Beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back