• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any alternatives to isboxer/wineq2? (1 Viewer)

Saetun

RedCents
25¢
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for alternatives to these applications. I am trying to cut down on all the things I subscribe to and really would love to find some alternative to these. I don't really need all the features of ISBoxer. All I want is software to manage tiling windows on multiple monitors. I don't need the character sets, broadcasting and other features of ISBoxer. And unfortunately Wineq2 provides next to no functionality for window sizes and locations in the free version. It just seems silly to me to continue to pay for this stuff when I don't even use 99% of it. Or forgoing software, does anyone have any suggestions for managing my setup?

Especially the Windows (Character) swapping and setting up tiling on 2 monitors please. Didn't I read somewhere here that there was some kind of Video MQ or something? Been so long I have forgotten about it.

I haven't seen anything that can beat ISBoxer's screen/monitor management. And I don't mean just the screen layout tools but the ability to effortlessly and instantly switch between characters. The ability to run your characters in "emulated" full screen mode means the best of both worlds, I can use a full monitor for my main character even while I'm typing this message on my 2nd monitor. And because Everquest is in "windowed" mode I don't have any problems with outside tools like GINA.

The drawback to ISBoxer is you have to work really hard to configure characters to do their thing in the background. And very little of that work is transferable to MQ2. Although, if you do that work you can effectively multibox for those days when MQ2 hasn't been patched yet. It's also a way to multibox "legally" around other people without fear of reprisals. I find that a well configured MQ2 box team is much more active than any real players or ISBoxer bots would ever be. That's a blatant giveaway! :)

Question - Any alternatives to isboxer/wineq2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back