• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - another shits question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
189¢
Rich (BB code):
holyshit12=/if (${Melee.Combat} && (${SpawnCount[npc radius 50 zradius 10]}>1 || !${Me.TargetOfTarget.CleanName.Equal[${Me.CleanName}]}) && !${Me.AltAbilityReady[Improved Explosion of Hatred]} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Improved Explosion of Spite]} && ${Melee.AggroMode}) /alt act 1274

in the above code, what are the 2 bars for -----> || <----- and/or what do they do? can they be removed or should they stay there for this holyshit to work?

As always, thank you in advance!

Rich (BB code):
holyshit12=/if (${Melee.Combat} && (${SpawnCount[npc radius 50 zradius 10]}>1 || !${Me.TargetOfTarget.CleanName.Equal[${Me.CleanName}]}) && !${Me.AltAbilityReady[Improved Explosion of Hatred]} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Improved Explosion of Spite]} && ${Melee.AggroMode}) /alt act 1274

in the above code, what are the 2 bars for -----> || <----- and/or what do they do? can they be removed or should they stay there for this holyshit to work?

As always, thank you in advance!

They mean OR. So if 1==1 || 1=2 would still work even though the second one is false. What are you trying to do with it? I can't see the whole thing without scrolling on my phone but I can help when I get home.

it was a holyshit I found that is only to use the spell if the target looses agro on the tank so that it isnt spamming taunts and it can use more benieficial stuff instead. I just never seen the bars before and wasnt sure if it would work.

Thanks for the explaination, it makes sense now.

it was a holyshit I found that is only to use the spell if the target looses agro on the tank so that it isnt spamming taunts and it can use more benieficial stuff instead. I just never seen the bars before and wasnt sure if it would work.

Thanks for the explaination, it makes sense now.

No problem. It's important to organize your "and"s, "or"s, and "andOr"s to keep the code from quickly getting jumbled. For downshit/holyshit I rarely use "or"s because the "and"s are statements that should always be true. "AndOr"s are primarily how I find differences because they don't override all of the prior checks. Here's an example in pseudo code:

If (Me.ManaPCT > 50 && Spell.Ready [Spell]) && (Target.Named || Me.Xtarget > 3) /cast Spell

No matter the number of mobs or if it's a named the first two MUST be true or not won't trigger. However, only one of the last true must be true. If we removed the second set of parenthesis it would try to trigger anytime there were more than 3 targets regardless of the first two checks.

Yeah that looks like my holy. I was working off a template and actually wanted to change all those ${Melee.Combat} in the front to actually being ${Melee.AggroMode} in the front so I can organize them. I never did get around to doing that though. But that sk holy works pretty well out of the box. It could be cleaned up a bit but that template works fairly well. I think wannabehacker tweaked it a bit but didn't see him share back what he did and I'm too lazy to go fix any of it right now since it works well enough for my purposes.

Let me know how it works out for you

Question - another shits question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back