• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Another Overseer Problem?

RedCents
199¢
I have one account only that has never been able to run overseer.
I have bought agent packs and have 93 agents all ready.
No quests are listed available ever.
Overseer mac says the tutorial needs to run, but it does not run when I run tutorial on mac it just keeps saying (waiting for quest to complete) but it is not showing it as running and never finishes.
It also shows 2 quests completed and successful somehow yet on the ACTIVE QUESTS tab it says Max completed quests 1/10 MAX ACTIVE QUESTS 0/1 even while it says tutorial is running.

I cannot get a petition because they insist my favorite food is NOT my favorite food and the only
way they will talk to me is to start a new account which I don't want to do!

I have deleted the ini and rerun many times, copied the settings on others ini that are working, nothing.
Thanks

Others who have had this issue had to petition. Or they lucked out and it cleared up soon after.

You can use any of your other accounts for the petition, it does not have to be a new one. Just make sure your clear which character and which account your talking about.

Also have them do something with that security question for you.

The other suggestions were to:
Go into your UI_[insert character name here]_[server].ini file; search for overseer. delete everything in the overseer section of the text file. save file. log back in.

Oh, and you might want to "clean up" your account before they look at it :doh:

Last edited:
Others who have had this issue had to petition. Or they lucked out and it cleared up soon after.

You can use any of your other accounts for the petition, it does not have to be a new one. Just make sure your clear which character and which account your talking about.

Go into your UI_[insert character name here]_[server].ini file; search for overseer. delete everything in the overseer section of the text file. save file. log back in.

Thanks for responding, I will try that. Overseer has been like this since they first started it so its not going to clear up.
No THEY say I need to start a new account if I want to clear up the secret word.
I have had the account like 15 years and afraid to make a new account something always gets messed up when you change things. They say that's the only way to recover my supposedly wrong favorite food!
I am not competent to know what to clean up so I will just continue to live without overseer.
Happy 4th!!!

Thanks for responding, I will try that. Overseer has been like this since they first started it so its not going to clear up.
No THEY say I need to start a new account if I want to clear up the secret word.
I have had the account like 15 years and afraid to make a new account something always gets messed up when you change things. They say that's the only way to recover my supposedly wrong favorite food!
I am not competent to know what to clean up so I will just continue to live without overseer.
Happy 4th!!!
If this is what your talking about where it says in the help section:

(You may need to create a new account in order to put in a ticket)

They just are saying if you can't use the old account then you need to use a different one.

And since a lot of players don't have second accounts they try to help them understand that you may need to make a new account since there is no other way to petition. I have never had a problem using an alt account to petition on a different account.

But it only takes less than 5 minutes to create a new free account (if you uncheck tutorial) They are not going to transfer anything to the new account. There is nothing to delete, reformat or "clean up". You don't even need to pick a name or class or race - just go with what shows on the screen. Set it up with current email. All they are going to do is reset your security question in account management which does not require anything in the game files.

Re the Overseer petition: one of the first things they will do is send you an email telling you to delete UI etc so make sure you respond to that email saying you did that and still have the problem.

Tried this UI_[insert character name here]_[server].ini file; search for overseer. delete everything in the overseer section of the text file. save file. log back in.
Two sections show Overseer section although the stuff under the two seem to be different things, deleted them and saved.
In game still no quests offered and running tutorial still says (waiting for quest to complete) but does not run one.

What if I copy the two overseer sections from one of my accounts where it is working and paste them in?

If this is what your talking about where it says in the help section:

(You may need to create a new account in order to put in a ticket)

They just are saying if you can't use the old account then you need to use a different one.

And since a lot of players don't have second accounts they try to help them understand that you may need to make a new account since there is no other way to petition. I have never had a problem using an alt account to petition on a different account.

But it only takes less than 5 minutes to create a new free account (if you uncheck tutorial) They are not going to transfer anything to the new account. There is nothing to delete, reformat or "clean up". You don't even need to pick a name or class or race - just go with what shows on the screen. Set it up with current email. All they are going to do is reset your security question in account management which does not require anything in the game files.

Re the Overseer petition: one of the first things they will do is send you an email telling you to delete UI etc so make sure you respond to that email saying you did that and still have the problem.
I was referring to this

Once your Security Question is set the only way to change it is by contacting Customer Service and speaking with a representative. In order to change it, you must know the answer that is given. Customer Service will not change it or give you the answer if you do not know it.

I can log into the account and see everything just everything circles back to need to know my secret answer (which I do know) but it says is wrong.
Can't verify email which was done long ago but now says it is not, can't change my email, or password or secret question, all ask for the currant one!
I have never used any but the one answer bread!!!

So I thought they meant I needed to have a new account (replacing the one I can't answer the question for) if I can't recover my secret question answer.

So a new account just to petition even though they say a phone call still requires the answer to the question.
I don't know anything about computers, files and such so I guess I will just leave it not working rather than risk it being examined by Everquest.
Thank you very much for giving your time!!

I was referring to this

Once your Security Question is set the only way to change it is by contacting Customer Service and speaking with a representative. In order to change it, you must know the answer that is given. Customer Service will not change it or give you the answer if you do not know it.

I can log into the account and see everything just everything circles back to need to know my secret answer (which I do know) but it says is wrong.
Can't verify email which was done long ago but now says it is not, can't change my email, or password or secret question, all ask for the currant one!
I have never used any but the one answer bread!!!

So I thought they meant I needed to have a new account (replacing the one I can't answer the question for) if I can't recover my secret question answer.

So a new account just to petition even though they say a phone call still requires the answer to the question.
I don't know anything about computers, files and such so I guess I will just leave it not working rather than risk it being examined by Everquest.
Thank you very much for giving your time!!
There is no phone support so unfortunately that part of the info is out of date.

Sounds like you do know a bit about computers since you were able to do all that ui stuff. But, yea if its not impacting that character or account then no biggie.

I've had a problem similar to this, basically what I do is STEP 1. PANIC && STEP 2. STOP PANICKING && STEP 3. PAUSE YOUR MACROS (/end for kissassist and click the area where it says cwtn?? On plugins for classes. && STEP 4. CLICK THE OVERSEER ACTIVE TASKS TAB && STEP 5. ACCEPT THE PENDING OVERSEER REWARD THAT IS STUCK(it will say collect). STEP 6. Tell me thanks if it worked, or don't say anything if it didn't and resent me for the rest of your life for a reason! STEP 7. Have a great day :P

Problem - Another Overseer Problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back