• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Another Box team question (1 Viewer)

MonkeyDo

RedCents
Hi All, Here is another -coming back to Everquest stories and have the itch to box a 6 man team. I've search the internet for advice on group synergies but haven't found much in the way of current information. I'm looking for advise what others classes would work well together to form a group for heroic only content. Starting level 85. I love playing my Monk. I prefer Melee over Caster DPS. I don't care for Rangers or Bards. Also, my tank will be boxed. Does that matter? What support classes/healer classes work well for a melee dps group? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There are currently plans for a heroic server in EQ, but i would still bring bards and rangers because of their ADPS capabilities.
shm, ber, bst, brd, mnk and sk would all work for six, my personal opinion, though.

Why Shaman and Beastlord? Wouldn't I lose some of the benefits since their buffs are so similar? So far I think I like sk, shm, mnk, ber, brd. To fill out the final slot, what about Rogue or Mage? Do rogues bring anything to the group? I like the thought of CotH. Not sure what I would be losing with no Enchanter though.

The thing about wanting melee dps, the bard really really helps that. For the TBL era, the melee heavy gold standard seems to be SK for a tank (I went warrior because they are tougher, and i like the idea of an Ogre being too dumb to cast spells, just stands there and gets hit), Cleric or Shaman for healer (Shaman works awesomely for a melee group, but they suck at rezzing back unless they are out of combat), bard for pulling and CC, then 3 melee classes.

That being said, with VV many combinations work. The holy trinity of Tank, Healer and CC just works so well that it's always recommended. The macros IHMercs, Kissassist, and Core (apparently, no experience on that one, but there is plenty of evidence that it does) just work so well. Makes mercs look worse than useless.

I personally run a shaman and a beastlord, because the beastlord has been my main since Luclin and the shaman was a friends who quit and gave me the account. Yeah, you double up on buffs, but the beastlord keeps ferocity up all the time, is pretty good dps using Kissassist, and his pet can take over when the warrior drops occasionally due to lag (crappy internet here). It seems that the pet AI is serverside, whereas the macros that run the warrior and healer are local, so the pet just jumps in and takes it.

However, heroic only content? Probably won't matter too much which way you go, for melee group though, holy trinity for sure.

starting with a Monk as your character of choice -
The tank is typically either a warrior or SK, they each have advantages, generally speaking, warriors do better when they have full group support, SK's have advantages if the group is somewhat limited or having issues. i.e. sk can tap heal for a bit if cleric died.

I would probably suggest bard for CC and melee boost, KA can automate them fairly well, sometimes because they're bards, they get stuck on a song and EQ glitches out.

healers get sorta messy to choose.

A good shaman would probably work well 85+, there may be some spots that it hurts but it does bring in slow / cripple which is nice but not as critical as it used to be.

If you go with a cleric healer, you lose some debuff abilities & etc. but get bigger heals & hp buffs. Adding a beastlord with the cleric can somewhat offset the loss of shaman slow and regain some of their stat buffs.

I have not tried to main heal with a druid, I've considered trying to split healing between druid and shaman for other reasons but haven't pursued it.

For melee DPS, it is generally accepted that zerkers win out. The rogue offers some occasionally handy sneak stuff that can be nice to have.

So...

Monk, War (or SK), Bard, Cleric, Beast, Zerk and maybe try to bring a druid/wiz for ports sometimes....

Question - Another Box team question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back